Job Title: Dishwasher
Location: Tremont House
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Dishwasher to work at our beautiful Tremont House Hotel in Galveston, TX. This position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and proper storage of all china, glass, and silver, and ensuring the highest standards of sanitation. He/she is also responsible for assisting the kitchen staff in maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen and all storage areas; specifically for cleaning all equipment, utensils, and the physical work area. He/she is also responsible for assisting with proper food storage and rotation.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and orderliness in all kitchens, back dock, dumpster and utility work areas.
· Heavy duty cleaning of ovens, grills, sinks, walls, floors, walk-in refrigerators and freezers and other heavy kitchen equipment.
· Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of proper handling, storage, and sanitation.
· Operate the dishwashing equipment to ensure that all china, glass, and silver are cleaned thoroughly and sanitation of such is maintained.
· Return all clean china, glass, and silver to its proper storage location using care to minimize breakage.
· Knowledge of proper safe handling techniques for all chemicals used.
· Empty garbage from the Food and Beverage areas into the hotel dumpster.
· Follow all sanitation standards.
· Assist Banquets by supplying china, glass, and silver as required by business demand.
· Breakdown and store necessary equipment as needed.
· Report any maintenance needed on equipment.
· Change the water on the dishwashing machine.
· Wash, rinse, sanitize, sort, and store all pots, glasses, china, silver, and flatware.
· Clean and organize all designated areas to include sweeping, mopping and washing floors.
· Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen equipment.
Education & Experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
· Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
· Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
· Ability to stand during entire shift.
· Ability to withstand temperature variations, both hot and cold.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.