Silverado Resort and Spa is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Dishwasher/Steward. The Steward is responsible for cleaning the entire kitchen area, cook ware, plates, glass ware and silverware and cutlery. Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated items, according to OSHA regulations.
- Set up and organize work station with designated supplies and equipment; report shortages to supervisor. Replenish as needed throughout the shift.
- Clean the total kitchen including food service carts, walk-in coolers, freezers, service elevators, and loading dock area.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Perform ware-washing tasks on soiled dishes from the restaurant, banquet, and room service outlets, through the use of the dish machine.
- Perform the tasks required for washing pots, pans, and other equipment which must be washed by hand in the pot sinks.
- Maintain the dish machine.
- Perform routine daily maintenance of kitchen.
- Clean and polish silver and copper chafing dishes, trays, etc.; burnish all silver as necessary.
- Sweep and mop the kitchen floor as necessary to maintain a sanitary environment for food preparation.
- Report any damages, maintenance problems or safety hazards to the supervisor.
- Adhere to all Health Department, sanitation and safety regulations as required by the hotel.
- Remove all garbage, boxes, etc. from the main kitchen and purchasing area as necessary.
- Maintain food and beverage service equipment in an organized manner.
- Plate hot banquet food as required.
- This position requires a minimum formal education of some high school and a minimum one year job-related experience preferred.
- Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
- Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 25 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to push and/or pull 100+ pounds and lift up to 100 pounds with assistance. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
About Silverado Resort and Spa
Silverado Resort and Spa is a luxury resort in the heart of the world-famous Napa Valley Wine Country! Whether you come to the Northern California area for relaxation, adventure or business, find it here. Located just an hour north of San Francisco, it’s all tucked away from the city while still being close to the Bay Area action. The soothing, full-service spa sets the stage for relaxing comfort, offering massages, facials, manicures, pedicures and more. But there’s more to Silverado Resort and Spa than just soothing stays. Two PGA championship golf courses, which are overseen by World Golf Hall of Fame member, lead golf analyst for NBC Sports, and resort co-owner Johnny Miller, 10 lighted tennis courts, and biking and hiking trails on-site ensure excitement at every corner. And thanks to its Napa Valley Wine Country location, it’s all close to more than 400 wineries. The fine and casual dining within the resort’s restaurants pair nicely with local wines. The elegant styling and picturesque Northern California views makes it one of the most sought after wedding venue destinations as well. It’s all designed to ensure the perfect Napa Valley Wine Country stay for any and all visitors.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.