As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Full Time AM Steward to work at our beautiful Dolce Q Center in St. Charles, IL. The Steward is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and proper storage of all china, glass, and silver, and ensuring the highest standards of sanitation. He/she is also responsible for assisting the kitchen staff in maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen and all storage areas; specifically for cleaning all equipment, utensils, and the physical work area. He/she is also responsible for assisting with proper food storage and rotation.
• Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and orderliness in all kitchens, back dock, dumpster and utility work areas.
• Heavy duty cleaning of ovens, grills, sinks, walls, floors, walk-in refrigerators and freezers and other heavy kitchen equipment.
• Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of proper handling, storage, and sanitation.
• Be able to properly use chemicals to sanitize and know the MSDS information of each.
• Service food for the Employee Cafeteria as specified by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
• Operate the dishwashing equipment to ensure that all china, glass, and silver are cleaned thoroughly and sanitation of such is maintained.
• Return all clean china, glass, and silver to its proper storage location using care to minimize breakage.
• Knowledge of proper safe handling techniques for all chemicals used.
• Empty garbage from the Food and Beverage areas into the hotel dumpster.
• Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
• Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees.
• Follow the proper procedures in the breakdown, cleaning and reassembling of all kitchen equipment, as needed.
• Follow all sanitation standards.
• Assist in the set up and breakdown of the restaurant buffet as required.
• Assist Banquets by supplying china, glass, and silver as required by business demand.
• Breakdown and store necessary equipment as needed.
• Report any maintenance needed on equipment.
• Change the water on the dishwashing machine.
• Wash, rinse, sanitize, sort, and store all pots, glasses, china, silver, and flatware.
• Clean and organize all designated areas to include sweeping, mopping and washing floors.
• Be able to support any position in the Kitchen that is in need of help.
• Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen equipment.
• Maintain a “Clean As You Go” policy.
Education & Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift
• Ability to withstand temperature variations both hot and cold.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
• Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. We require consent to pre-employment background screening & drug testing for all positions.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.