As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
We operate a corporate learning and conference centre, in north Toronto and are an accredited member of IACC. Stunning architecture, personalized planning services and high quality amenities provided by a leading company in hospitality management makes this property a top choice with corporate clients. With over 260,000 square feet of meeting space, this is a versatile venue for large and small business gatherings, and corporate events.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Part-Time Dishwashing Steward to work at our learning and conference centre, located in Scarborough, Ontario.
Stewards are responsible for cleaning the entire kitchen area, cook ware, plates, glass ware and silverware and cutlery.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated items, according to WHMIS regulations.
• Set up and organize work station with designated supplies and equipment; report shortages to supervisor. Replenish as needed throughout the shift.
• Clean the total kitchen including food service carts, walk-in coolers, freezers, service elevators, and loading dock area.
• Perform ware-washing tasks on soiled dishes from the restaurant, banquet, and room service outlets, through the use of the dish machine.
• Perform the tasks required for washing pots, pans, and other equipment which must be washed by hand in the pot sinks.
• Perform routine daily maintenance of kitchen.
• Clean and polish silver and copper chafing dishes, trays, etc.; burnish all silver as necessary.
• Sweep and mop the kitchen floor as necessary to maintain a sanitary environment for food preparation.
• Report any damages, maintenance problems or safety hazards to the supervisor.
• Adhere to all sanitation, food safety, and health & safety regulations as required by the hotel.
• Remove all garbage, boxes, etc. from the main kitchen and purchasing area as necessary.
• Maintain food and beverage service equipment in an organized manner.
• Plate hot banquet food as required.
• Assist in the Health & Safety program by ensuring that section 27 of the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) are being followed; conduct employee training and accident investigations; coordinate Health & Safety training within the department.
• May be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities as set forth above.
• Minimum formal education of some high school and a minimum one year job-related experience preferred.
• Valid Food Handler Certificate
• Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
• Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber.
• Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
• Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English.
• Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
• Must have employment eligibility in Canada.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
• Regularly required to lift up to 25 pounds.
• Occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Occasionally required to push and/or pull 100+ pounds and lift up to 100 pounds with assistance.
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices.
We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.