Duty / Night Manager - Wyndham Garden Manama Bahrain
Duty Manager / Night Manager
Front Office Department
Front Office Manager
Responsible for all aspects of managing the Front Office Operations, under the Supervision of the Front Office Manager. Supports the Front Office Manager in supervising, training and inspecting the performance of personnel, ensuring that all procedures are met to deliver service in accordance with standards.
The Job incumbent works in line with the hotels guidelines and business plan, and Wyndham Corporate policies and procedures, and according to local requirements and regulations to achieve excellent day-today operational performance which reinforces the company’s values and builds its long-term capacity
Able to provide clear leadership to team members and assure processes so that business performance is predictable and reliable.
- Receives guests in a professional and friendly manner, satisfying guest expectations from arrival till departure.
- Maintains effective communication with all related departments during each shift to ensure smooth service delivery.
- Will manage rotational shits including night shifts as per schedule.
- Ensures guests are greeted upon arrival, checked in and escorted to room.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of the hotel and local services. Supplies information and responds to guest queries.
- Maintains an awareness of guest profile through the Opera guest profile system.
- Ensures effective handover is done, gaining information from Duty Manager and late Shift Leader.
- Makes control tours of the hotel ensuring electricity usage is at a minimum and security is at maximum.
- Prepares guest folios with appropriate accounting instructions.
- Deals with guest queries in a polite and courteous manner.
- Ensures all necessary reports are compiled and printed for business review and checks that they have been distributed accordingly.
- Maintains up to date back up reports.
- Checks all necessary reports including rate discrepancy, housekeeping discrepancy, credit check report, trace reports and routing instructions report.
- Ensures an effective handover of shift activities to the following shift leader.
- To conduct Opera close day according to the correct procedure and standard whilst overseeing the auditing of the days business.
- Maintains an awareness of sales opportunities in maximizing revenue.
- Establishes, promotes and maintains good public relations while meeting or exceeding guest expectations.
- Maintains regular and effective liaison between other departments with particular emphasis on security.
- Cooperates in the performance of any reasonable task requested by the Front Office manager, Hotel Senior Leadership and guests.
- Ensure compliance with business operations laws
- Ensure compliance with hospitality operations laws
- Supervise closely all applicable rules of safety in the workplace as well as all statutory laws of the country and
· ` Fosters and develops effective employee relations throughout the hotel
- Establishes and maintains effective internal communications, including daily briefing and debriefing with own staff to ensure optimum team work and productivity
- Looks for ways to motivate and challenge staff
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reduced immediately
- Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency and bomb procedures
- Ensures that emergency procedures are practiced and enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees
- Ensures that own staff works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others
- Stimulates and encourages a general awareness of health and safety in tasks and activities
- Ensures the safety of the people and property within the premises by applying hotel regulations, adhering to existing laws and regulations
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and corrects them or take action to prevent them from happening
- Ensures that the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniforms and appearance
- Maintaining a business environment based on Code of Conduct and Company Vision
- Maintain and enhance the open door policy to all associates providing advice and guidance when needed in regards to their issues or concerns and/or grievances
- Responsible for People leadership of direct reports ( and their terms) recruitment and selection, performance management (Appraisal/ PDP), associate development and motivation, counselling/ disciplinary issues.
- Conduct regular coaching sessions/1:1s with direct reports
- Ensure that the hotels are fully compliant with Wyndham people processes and deadlines that govern all Wyndham properties. E.g. AES, Success Matters, Probation reviews etc.
- Ensure that the administration of the probation review process in the operational departments and ensure that follow- up for all issues is done in timely manner and results of both follow- up and the initial reviews are communicated to all relevant parties.
- Talent Reviews taken place as per the communicated timeline and are live in the business
- Ensure 100% compliance with all mandatory training for departments; as well as the Departmental Trainers are positively encouraged.
- Control the LTO, Absence and Payroll in your department / operational departments in conjunction with the HR Leader on property to ensure that any areas of concern and monitored and rectified to meet the HR BSC Targets.
- Manage the AES process in your department / for the operational departments ensure that the follow up meetings are done and the associates have timely feedback.
- Conduct interviews for relevant roles in conjunction with HR
- Review manning and re- recruitment of all positions in conjunction with HR
- Ensure that you dine in the Associate restaurant at least three times a week and provide HR Leader on property feedback.
- Support WYNcom with quarterly People, Community and Sustainability engagement events
- To conduct or chair regular communication meetings with team(s) and actively participate in relevant business meetings to facilitate effective communication.
- Conduct documented 121’s with all direct reports
- Share all relevant information with GM & HR reports
- Attend all ExCom Meetings
- Attend Business Reviewed Meeting
- Quarterly Hotel Meeting
- Plan and track departmental budget
- Plan and track departmental holidays and lieu days as per the needs of the business
- Review with the Finance leader/HR Leader the payroll figures (and challenge the HOD’s with regard to over spending and casual usage)
- Ensure that the payroll is submitted to HR on the agreed date
Any other reasonable duties as directed by the MANAGER TITLE/DOTTED LINE TITLE
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.