The Engineer, Level 2 is responsible for insuring that the property is maintained in the best possible condition at all times with the least amount of inconvenience to guests and employees.
· Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
· Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
· Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
· Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
· Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
· Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
· Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
· Make repairs to hotel air conditioning system: change filters, clean coils, replace motors.
· Perform preventive maintenance on all equipment (i.e. boilers, chillers, HVAC-Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning, electrical, etc.).
· Take required readings on equipment.
· Test cooling tower and record readings.
· Replace and program televisions as needed.
· Replace light switches, receptacles, light bulbs and fixtures.
· Perform furniture repair.
· Replace and repair pumps.
· Perform plumbing repairs (i.e. clogged drains, copper pipe, change washers, change handles, drain fittings, etc).
· Understand and be able to read blueprints and wiring diagrams.
· Trace and repair all types of water lines.
· Troubleshoot and repair kitchen equipment.
· Maintain repair and preventive maintenance records.
· Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes.
· Test, clean and repair swimming pools and spas.
· Paint designated areas.
· Repair and finish sheet rock.
· Repair all types of wall coverings.
· Repair and program hotel electronic lock system.
· Assist in supervising other engineering staff members.
· Assist in scheduling preventive maintenance tasks.
Education & Experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent and/or one year of experience in a hotel or related field required.
· At least two years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
· Trade school and/or College course work in related field preferred.
· Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
· Heavy work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.