The Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek, a 400-room luxury resort in the Bonnet Creek Resort complex adjacent to Walt Disney World® in Lake Buena Vista, Florida is searching for an Engineer III to join this project during it's pre-opening phase. This mix-use development will complement Wyndham Vacation Ownership's adjacent Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, the company's flagship timeshare facility in Orlando with a total build out of almost 1,600 vacation ownership units.
The hotel's Spanish Mediterranean architecture, designed by HHCP Architects of Maitland, Florida will be reminiscent of the of the historic Flagler-era resorts of St. Augustine. The design calls for a 7,000-square-foot Wyndham Blue Harmony TM spa and fitness center; 20,000 square feet of flexible meeting and conference space including an 8,000-square-foot main ballroom designed for groups up to 600; a full-service specialty restaurant; three-meal restaurant; pool bar and grill; lobby bar; and the Wyndham brand's new combination café, barista and food mart. Preference will be given to candidates who have pre-opening experience.
The Engineer, Level III, is responsible for ensuring that the property is maintained in the best possible condition at all times with the least amount of inconvenience to customers and employees.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans & Drug Free Workplace
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field required.
- At least one year of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- Trade school and/or College course work in related field helpful.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.