The Alexander offers its guests an exciting take on hospitality by transforming guest rooms, restaurants, and event spaces into enthralling havens for commissioned works of art. Undeniably contemporary, but always comfortable, The Alexander is destined to become a premier destination for business professionals, art lovers, gourmands, and other cultured clientele.
Each one of our 157 guest rooms and 52 extended stay units focus on creating a relaxed environment for work or rest while enlivening the senses with pops of color and eye-catching art. Guests will discover the same, infectious energy in The Alexander’s stylish and inviting restaurants, which serve culinary works of art for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Perfect for unforgettable celebrations and exceptional meetings, every inch of the 16,500 square feet of event space exudes elegance and creativity.
The Alexander offers up a refreshing dose of local color and flavor, and promises a unique Indianapolis experience for passionate travelers.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for an Engineer to work at to work at the art-centric Alexander Hotel in Indianapolis, IN. This position is responsible for performing complex maintenance and repair services of the property systems such as mechanical, electrical, and building systems.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Completes assigned work orders for general repair within assigned time frame in order to achieve the utmost operational efficiency of the hotel, its safety and its equipment.
- Performs systematic checks and inspections to aid in the upkeep of the hotel and assists in the established proactive maintenance program in order to prevent malfunctions, breakdowns and general depreciation.
- Immediately and courteously responds to guests needs in order to repair and/or resolve room maintenance requests and problems as they arise.
- Maintains tools, work spaces and equipment in safe, secure and good condition in order to reduce accidents and to prolong their use.
- Adjusts and repairs electronic problems on hotel equipment, including televisions, alarm clocks, HVAC units, etc.
- Perform basic and advanced/complex repairs and preventive maintenance on property, including plumbing and electrical systems.
- Repair/replace electrical switches, receptacles, fuses, small fixtures and outlets.
- May do light painting and other general maintenance work.
- Assists department in maintaining safety equipment and emergency procedures for the safety of all guests and associates. • Performs assignments as directed by the Chief or Assistant Chief Engineer.
- Completes AM / PM checklist(s) daily.
- Minimum formal education of some high school and a minimum five years job-related experience preferred.
- Clean, valid driver’s license required.
- Working knowledge of all maintenance trades including building systems, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, painting and carpentry.
- Experience with overseeing and communicating with contractors and gathering estimates.
- Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
- Occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to push and/or pull 100+ pounds and lift up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- Material/Equipment Used Basis hand (hammer, screwdriver, pliers) and power (electric drill, saw, solder) tools.
- Painting equipment, key cutting machine, groundskeeping equipment and snow removal equipment.
- Exposure to hazardous materials on a daily basis.
- Environment Indoor exposure to both stable and extreme variance of hot and cold temperatures.
- Outside exposure to all weather elements and extreme fluctuations of temperature.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.