Oversee and supervise engineering & maintenance staff including staffing, training, coaching/counseling, and performance management to insure their work productivity and quality meets standards and deadlines.
Complete weekly work schedule for department
Develop & manages department & capital budget and projects. Assumes responsibility to insure departmental spending and payroll remains within budgeted guidelines.
Control utility consumption
Ensure compliance with all codes and regulations. Maintains hotel’s special permits and licenses as required by local authorities.
Establish and maintains a preventative maintenance program
Develop, maintain, monitor all safety policies, procedures, and programs for the property. Coordinates with other departments all work necessary to maintain general conditions, safety and health standards & training set form by hotel policies and other legal requirements.
Inspect facilities, equipment, or work areas to ensure conformance to established standards. Oversee ongoing and emergency repairs required to keep the hotel facilities in a marketable condition at all times.
Negotiate contracts for property operations. Manages contractor/vendor work
Interact as needed with guests, contractors, vendors, and corporate executives
Assist department staff with all of their tasks as needed to include trouble shooting, regular maintenance and repairs.
Conduct regular inspections via walk-thrus of public areas, back of the house areas, guest rooms and exterior areas.
Compile and prepares reports for upper management’s review and use
Act in capacity of Manager On Duty and any other management capacity as assigned
• Must be able to read and interpret documents to include: blueprints/schematics, procedural manuals, budgets/financial statements, OSHA standards such as LockOut/TagOut, MSDS, etc.
• Ability to troubleshoot/repair and/or maintain: physical building including all FF&E, AC and refrigeration equipment, electrical systems, mechanical equipment (motors, starters, pumps, fans, etc.), plumbing and drains, fire alarm and life safety equipment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership - Proven ability to effectively lead and train a diverse workforce.
• Demonstrated analytical ability and financial acumen and reporting writing skills
• Effective presentation and interpersonal skills
• Ability to respond to emergencies, even if after hours, as required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products
• High school graduate or equivalent required. College degree and/or technical school preferred.
• Ability to obtain any government required license, certificate, or permits that may be required by law or company regulations
• Clean, valid driver’s license required.
• Experience with overseeing and communicating with contractors and gathering estimates.
• Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
• Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
• Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English.
• Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.