Wyndham Hotel Group is excited to announce the addition of the TRYP by Wyndham Miami Bay Harbor to our portfolio of amazing properties scheduled to open in fall 2017. To uncover this destination’s unique culture, you don’t have to go far, because TRYP brings the city to you. Pulsing through the hotel like an electric current is the energy that ignites city life. This is your chance to let the city flow through you. This is your chance to explore. This is your TRYP.
Currently, we are searching for a skilled Engineering Manager to provide general maintenance functions to ensure guest service and sustainability standards are achieved and maintained throughout the TRYP by Wyndham Miami Bay Harbor.
- Assist in developing and implementing plans to maintain property, equipment, grounds and other assets in a safe and acceptable state of repair.
- Ensure the hotel is in compliance with all local, state and federal laws.
- Supervise and train all Engineering staff in Customer Service, Empowerment, Standard Operating Procedures and Loss Prevention
- Create and post all Engineering staffs schedules.
- Create and adhere to annual budget for department.
- Assist in developing financial forecasts and actively participate in monthly profit/loss review meetings.
- Create and implement preventative maintenance program for all hotel equipment.
- Ensure all emergency and life safety equipment and systems are inspected, tested and certified per Wyndham standards.
- Actively participate in energy conservation programs.
- Review all guest and meeting planner comment cards to ensure problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Assist with the administration of all vendor contracts controlled by the engineering department.
- Ensure that room maintenance requests are handled in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Follow up on all alarms immediately to determine the exact location and cause. Determine emergency status and report findings to Front Desk. Take immediate action as necessary.
- Assist as necessary with special projects and renovations.
- Support and participate in all Wyndham programs.
- Participate in Wyndham Safety Committee.
The qualifications for the Engineering Manager include but are not limited to:
Education & Experience:
- At least 3 years of progressive facilities management experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 2 year college degree and 1 year of related management experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- HVAC, electrical, plumbing, boiler operations and general maintenance skills required.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
There’s no one else like
us. To learn more please visit www.wyndhamworldwide.com
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.