Engineering Supervisor- Wyndham Garden Manama Bahrain
Cluster Chief Engineer
Responsible for the Shift operation & smooth operation of the Repair & Maintenance section and preventive maintenance. Overseeing the duties of the Shift Engineers, A/C Technicians, General Electricians, General mechanics, Kitchen/ laundry Technicians, plumbers, carpenters and painters as well as outside contractors.
All work will be in line with the hotel’s business plan and in accordance with Wyndham Corporate policies and procedures, as well as local requirements and regulations.
- Written assignment to be given to day shift staff and shift personnel staff.
- To ensure that all work allocated to a member of staff is carried out to the required standard and with the required time.
- To ensure that Preventive maintenance in the Hotel is carried out according the planned preventive Maintenance program.
- To monitor work activity during the course of the day and ensure that all staff / supervisors assigned to specific duties are performing his duties.
- To be responsible for the accurate logging of time worked by all members to the staff under your staff of control.
- To ensure that, wherever possible all work is carried out in the normal working day and that whenever any extra hours need to be worked, these are agreed with the Chief Engineer and member of staff concerned.
- To have a clear understanding of the hotel’s fire drill, the staff handbook and the regulations stated therein.
- To report daily to the chief Engineer keeping him informed with respect to the day to day operation of the department, progress on specific projects and any unusual or major problem that the department is experiencing.
- To ensure that all logs and records that the Chief Engineer from time to time instructs to be implemented and accurately kept.
- Follow up on service requests received a on a daily basis and brief Chief Engineer.
- To have particular regard to these operations of all plant and equipment and to ensure that safety of guests and staff at all times.
- To ensure that the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas and to liaise with other departments in this matter.
- To carry out any other duties that may be agreed from time to time with the Chief Engineer.
- To ensure that all emergency backup system such generator, standby boiler pumps, chillers are maintained in the perfect condition.
- To ensure that all necessary spare parts are available for all the equipment under Repair & Maintenance section in the Engineering Stores.
- Attend to the morning briefing in the absence of the Chief Engineer.
- Manages employees working for the engineering function, including contractors
- Supervises closely all applicable rules of safety in the workplace as well as all statutory laws of the country
- Screens, interviews and selects potential staff for the department in liason with the Chief Engineer
- Develops and recommends appropriate training to meet guest and internal needs
- Checks that own staff meets and exceeds expectations by training and encouraging staff to serve with passion
- Identifies training needs and ensures that quality standards are met by all staff
- Makes sure staff receives skills training to provide consistent, reliable service
- Encourages, develops and manages effective employee relations throughout the hotel
- Identifies employees with potential for promotion and/or transfer and makes appropriate development plans for him or her together with the Director of Human Resources
- Works closely with the Director of Human Resources on the following Human Resources related tasks:
- Performance appraisals
- Discipline and grievance
- Employee relations
- Wage and salary administration
- Compensation and benefits
- Succession planning
- Fosters and develops effective employee relations throughout the hotel
- Establishes and maintains effective internal communications, including weekly meetings with own staff to ensure optimum team work and productivity
- Looks for ways to motivate and challenge staff
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reduced immediately
- Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency and bomb procedures
- Works together with the Security & Safety Manager and ensures that emergency procedures are practiced and enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees by checking all the Security & safety devices
- Ensures that own staff works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others
- Encourages a general awareness of health and safety in tasks and activities along with Safety Department
- Ensures the safety of the people and property within the premises by applying hotel regulations, adhering to existing laws and regulations
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and corrects them or take action to prevent them from happening
- Ensures that the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniforms and appearance
- Attends meetings and trainings required by the Chief Engineer
- Assists colleagues to perform similar or related jobs when necessary
- Ensures guest satisfaction by attending to their requests and inquiries courteously and efficiently
- Accepts flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to hotel guests and the hotel’s stakeholders
- Maintains own working area, materials and company property clean, tidy and in good shape
- Continuously seeks to endeavor and improve the department’s efficient operation, and knowledge of own job function
- Is well updated on, and possesses solid knowledge of the following:
- Hotel fire, bomb and emergency procedures
- Hotel health and safety policies and procedures
- hotel standards of operation and departmental procedures
- Current licensing relating to own responsibility, and to the hotel
- Corporate clients generating high business volume
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- First Aid training
- Ability to interpret and apply blueprints, drawings, specifications, standards & regulations
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to deal effectively with employees, city staff, contractors and the public
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company’s Count on Me! service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
Any other reasonable duties as directed by the MANAGER TITLE/DOTTED LINE TITLE ___________________________________________________________________________
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
· Minimum of one year experience in similar role
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.