Envision your career with one of the world's largest hospitality companies. With over 7,900 hotels, 145 Vacation Ownership Resorts, 200,000 rental units and more than 25,000 associates across six continents you'll discover the rewards of working in an energetic environment with caring colleagues. As one of FORTUNE Magazine's Most Admired Companies, Wyndham Worldwide is one family, one team of professionals who actively strive to provide our customers and each other with our signature Count On Me! Service promise. It is a promise to be responsive, to be respectful in every way and deliver a great experience for our guests and associates. The Wyndham Boston - Beacon Hill Hotel has great views of the Charles River and the State House, this 304 room hotel offers a full-service restaurant and lounge, 5,678-sq foot of meeting space and an outdoor pool. Our employees enjoy a free meal when working, and discounted hotel rooms throughout the company. We are a couple of blocks away from public transportation.
Currently, we are searching for an Executive Chef to join our team. This position is responsible for overseeing the culinary operation of this property. The Executive Chef is responsible for coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of the hotel’s food production, while maintaining profitable F&B operations and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to provide training for all staff, meet corporate quality standards, establish and enforce food specifications, portion control, recipes and sanitation. The Executive Chef is also responsible for controlling food and labor costs while maximizing guest satisfaction.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Oversee and supervise culinary staff including staffing, training, coaching, and performance management.
- Lead highly interactive sessions including team builds, competitions, and chef's dinners.
- Present ideas to potential clients.
- Active in the community hosting food & wine events, creating custom designed events - very high touch.
- Use market research/trends to develop new products and menu design.
- Make changes that respond to the market place and to guest needs.
- Work in support of team goals and measures effectiveness through the food and beverage profit and service performance of the resort.
- Responsible for the financial management of the culinary operation.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary environment in compliance with all local and state health codes while also monitoring sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, or work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Ensures that all dishes are prepared and presented in accordance with standard recipes and plate presentations.
- Supervise activities in the kitchen including all food preparation and ware washing.
- Develop and manage annual food & beverage budget.
- Flexible work schedule to mirror the business needs.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards.
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, conducting counseling and assisting with evaluations, training, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward.
- Certificate or a degree through a recognized educational institute of culinary art.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Assistant Executive Chef at a world class quality property with a minimum of 5 years of cooking experience.
- Excellent culinary knowledge of trends and skills, local market and culinary leaders with exceptional creativity.
- Outstanding management, organization, communication and leadership skills.
- Extensive menu development and budget preparation experience.
- Ability to successfully coordinate staff in a high volume, time sensitive environment.
- Strong knowledge of P&L, food and labor costs and menu costing.
- Demonstrated leadership - Proven ability to effectively lead and train a diverse workforce.
- Willingness to set a high standard in the kitchen through leading by example.
- Preferred experience in both hotel and independent restaurant experience.
- Must have experience in running a banquet operation.
- Required creativity and culinary flair of contemporary a la cart cooking.
- High-end catering experience preferred.
- Approaches all encounters with guests and associates in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Fosters relationships and a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives; demonstrates flexibility in approach and vision.
- Maintain sanitation procedures and organization of work area adhering to all OSHA and local health department regulations.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective operating and control processes designed to attain maximum operating efficiency while ensuring adherence to established operating criteria.
- Moderate comprehension and literacy required to read recipe cards and procedures.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Should possess computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands handle objects, tools or controls.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and work the majority in a standing position.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.