Wyndham Hotel Group is excited to add the Summit, a Dolce hotel, to our portfolio of amazing properties. The Summit hotel offers 239 contemporary and comfortable guest rooms focused on relaxation. With over 34,500 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting space, including 10,700 square feet of terrace and gardens, the blank canvas at the Summit provides infinite possibilities to plan your next celebration or exceptional meeting. Opening in early 2018.
Currently, we are searching for an Executive Chef to join our team. This position is responsible for overseeing the culinary operation of this property while motivating a culinary team to deliver outstanding guest experiences. Our signature Nourishment Hubs, Thoughtful Food for Thoughtful Minds and interactive events set the standard for the meeting experience. Our independent thinking in developing globally minded dining experiences for the well-traveled professionals goes way beyond simply providing a general amenity - it's a well-defined concept with a personality.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Oversee and supervise culinary staff including staffing, training, coaching, and performance management.
- Lead highly interactive sessions including team builds, competitions, and chef's dinners.
- Present ideas to potential clients.
- Active in the community hosting food & wine events, creating custom designed events - very high touch.
- Use market research/trends to develop new products and menu design.
- Make changes that respond to the market place and to guest needs.
- Work in support of team goals and measures effectiveness through the food and beverage profit and service performance of the resort.
- Responsible for the financial management of the culinary operation.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary environment in compliance with all local and state health codes while also monitoring sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, or work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Ensures that all dishes are prepared and presented in accordance with standard recipes and plate presentations.
- Supervise activities in the kitchen including all food preparation and ware washing.
- Develop and manage annual food & beverage budget.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards.
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, conducting counseling and assisting with evaluations, training, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward.
- Certificate or a degree through a recognized educational institute of culinary art.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as Executive Chef at a similar world class quality property with a minimum of 5 years of cooking experience.
- Excellent culinary knowledge of trends and skills, local market and culinary leaders with exceptional creativity.
- Outstanding management, organization, communication and leadership skills.
- Extensive menu development and budget preparation experience.
- Ability to successfully coordinate staff in a high volume, time sensitive environment.
- Strong knowledge of P&L, food and labor costs and menu costing.
- Demonstrated leadership - Proven ability to effectively lead and train a diverse workforce.
- Willingness to set a high standard in the kitchen through leading by example.
- Preferred experience in both hotel and independent restaurant experience.
- Must have experience in running a banquet operation.
- Required creativity and culinary flair of contemporary a la cart cooking.
- High-end catering experience preferred.
- Approaches all encounters with guests and associates in an attentive, friendly, courteous, and service-oriented manner.
- Fosters relationships and a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives; demonstrates flexibility in approach and vision.
- Maintain sanitation procedures and organization of work area adhering to all OSHA and local health department regulations.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective operating and control processes designed to attain maximum operating efficiency while ensuring adherence to established operating criteria.
- Moderate comprehension and literacy required to read recipe cards and procedures.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Should possess computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
· Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands handle objects, tools or controls.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and work the majority in a standing position.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.