Executive Sous Chef- Dolce Chantilly - France
The Executive sous Chef manages all Food & Beverage Kitchen Operations including Stewarding operations with an emphasis on maintaining hygienic standards and practices, team training, and overseeing the preparation and presentation of a consistent food product which exceed customer’s expectations.
• Must be able to effectively communicate, with all level of Associates and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by Associates and guests.
• Must be effective in handling tasks.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and Associates in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Maintain regular attendance in the company’s compliance training.
• Is conscious of his/her example role and maintain high standards of personal appearance and attitude.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
Be a representative of the brand’s service culture.
• Set clear expectations by meeting daily with Production Management team to communicate daily issues.
• Promote a professional and disciplined work environment.
• Ensure all kitchen teams are aware of expectations in their roles and support/coach/lead & motivate them accordingly.
• Ensure proper scheduling of all kitchen Colleagues.
• Promote Healthy and Safe work practices at all times.
• Ensure all required assured safe catering requirements are met.
• Conduct daily walk through of hotel kitchens and accompanying areas to ensure proper cleanliness.
• Strive to improve all food preparations, presentations & menu selections.
• Ensure all VIP visits are handled and prioritized properly.
• Continually expand on our current food product to lead our Colleagues to the next level.
• Keep current on new trends in the market place.
• Manages all functions of the Food Production and Stewarding operations to achieve the optimum departmental profit.
• Manages all functions of the Food Production and Stewarding operations to achieve the optimum quality level of food production and sanitation.
• Oversees special events and special food promotions.
• Makes recipes and maintains up-dated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation.
• Develops new dishes and products.
• Takes steps to ensure that outstanding culinary technical skills are maintained.
• Maintains comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets and current trends and make appropriate adjustments to kitchen operations accordingly.
• Controls and analyses, on an on-going basis, the level of the following:
Issuing of food
Quality and presentation of food products
Condition and cleanliness of facilities and equipment
• Develops with the Executive Chef popular menus offering guests value for money in accordance with WHG guidelines.
• Plans and organizes with the Food and Beverage Manager / Restaurants Manager successful Food and Beverage activities in the hotel and overseas.
• Attends and participates to other meetings as required by the administrative calendar.
• Keeps an up-dated Hotel Policies and Procedures file and up-dated files on the following Food Production matters:
Personnel and Training
Material and Equipment
• Be financially aware and responsible by achieve monthly labour and food cost budget, and minimize wastage/spoilage in all kitchen areas.
• Strive to ensure that projects are completed by assigned deadlines.
• Conduct spot checks of hotel suppliers and other companies that would like to supply the hotel.
• Conduct meeting with food suppliers, review products, prices, quality, delivery, etc.
• Maintain staffing guidelines, as to yearly budgets/business, hires, disciplines, terminates if required.
• Maintain storeroom par level and realize the importance of food turnovers.
• In conjunction with the Chief Steward, maintain the china, glassware and silver inventories.
• Sets Food Production and Stewarding goals and develops strategies, procedures and policies.
• Sets standards of all food and equipment purchases in accordance with local & Wyndham guidelines.
• To embody the Count on Me Service culture and ensure that this is at the core of all activities create an environment which is responsive, respectful and focuses on delivering a great experience to customers and colleagues alike.
Français courant exigé
Expérience en banquet exigé
Expérience sur un poste de sous chef de 3 ans minimum dans un établissement de même catégorie
L'établissement n'est pas desservi par les transports en commun
Possibilité de logement durant la période d'essai
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.