Executive Sous Chef
The Executive Sous Chef will plan and manage the kitchen staff in the production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel in a safe, sanitary work environment which conforms to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable, competitive, quality products. Manages room service, banquets and restaurant. The essential functions include but are not limited to:
• Assist the Executive Chef in the direction and oversight of all culinary operations, to include, but not limited to, preparation and production of all hotel meals, food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulation, team member productivity and performance, implementation of policies and procedures, cost controls and overall profitability
• Ability to cost out food items to ensure budgetary guidelines are met.
• Assist the Executive Chef by interacting with guests and clients to monitor and assess satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
• Assist the Executive Chef in creating and implementing menu selections for special banquet themes and events based on current food trends and regional tastes in partnership with the Executive Chef and Assistant Director of Food and Beverage, as needed
• Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
• Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, conducting counseling and assisting with evaluations, training, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward.
• High school education, GED, or equivalent experience.
• Culinary degree highly preferred.
• Minimum 3 years in a culinary management position; 7 years in Kitchen operations in an upscale, high volume hotel/resort. Prefer hotel experience as Banquet Chef and/or Sous Chef. Experience working all stations, banquets, managing labor and food costs; OR an equivalent level of education and experience.
• Excellent culinary knowledge of trends and skills, local market and culinary leaders with exceptional creativity.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective operating and control processes designed to attain maximum operating efficiency while ensuring adherence to established operating criteria.
• Outstanding management, organization, communication and leadership skills.
• Extensive menu development and budget preparation experience.
• Ability to successfully coordinate staff in a high volume, time sensitive environment.
• Exhibit good working knowledge of meeting or exceeding budgeting labor/food cost.
• Have a genuine desire to lead the team in producing a high quality product.
• Maintain sanitation procedures and organization of work area adhering to all OSHA and local health department regulations.
• Moderate comprehension and literacy required to read recipe cards and procedures.
• Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
• Participate in all hotel required meetings and trainings.
•Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Should possess computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
• Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and work the majority in a standing position.
Dolce Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. We require consent to pre-employment drug testing for all positions.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.