Field Marketing Internship - San Diego, CA.
Wyndham Vacation Ownership is one of the market leaders in Vacation Ownership development, offering a network of national and international resorts.
Envision your Internship with one of the world's largest hospitality companies! You'll discover the rewards of working in an energetic environment with exceptional team support. Rewards that include an Internship with diverse opportunities, skill-set development and mentorship. Wyndham Worldwide (NYSE: WYN) has been an industry leader in hospitality for over 50 years.
Master the artistry of a professional communicator and guide people down a path that could enrich their lives. With more than one opportunity available within this team, this is your chance to make a difference in someone else's life while generating incredible earnings of your own. Your drive, reliability and outgoing personality will push you to succeed in this role. With these skills and our training, you will help provide people with the opportunity to enhance their holiday lifestyle.
· World’s Largest Vacation Ownership Company and Industry Leader.
· Ranked Top 100 Greenest Companies in the US by Newsweek Magazine.
· Top 100 Companies for Working Families.
· Diversity Inc. 25 Noteworthy Companies.
· Fortune Magazine "World's Most Admired Companies.”
· Ethisphere.com "World's Most Ethical Companies."
· Highest Customer Satisfaction Rating in the Industry.
· Philanthropy-As a hospitality company, service is in our roots, and we’re committed to improving the lives of future generations around the world.
The Opportunity with Wyndham Vacation Ownership
Our Marketing Internship is a hands-on learning experience that offers the opportunity to gain competency in our various marketing disciplines and our organization's culture. Successful candidates will be fully trained in the product and sales techniques. In addition to creating an exceptional team environment, the company provides a competitive incentive structure, discounted resort stays and other employee discounts.
This position is responsible for learning the day to day operations of the Community Marketing Programs (CMP.)
· 10 Week Paid Internship - Hourly rate guaranteed paid weekly with additional production bonuses
· Internships can lead to full time positions or part time when in school
· Maximum 40 hour work week
· 60% Production and 40% Project (customized to your major)
· The opportunity to win every day by changing lives
· We’ve got a plan and support team to help you meet your goals
Wynterns will take part in the following activities which are organized and managed by Director of Marketing:
- Customized Marketing projects based on your area of major (booth design, location procurement, video production, financial evaluations, etc.)
- Roundtable discussions with Senior Leadership
- Wish Day – paid volunteering while giving back to your community
- Business project and final presentation to Senior Leadership and Wyntern Managers
Requirements of the Position:
· The primary purpose of this position is to seek prospective guests at our designated booths and event locations
· When prospective guests are found by the agent, and the guests are deemed qualified, the agent will invite the guest to attend a vacation ownership presentation.
· Write the formal invitation; make the reservation and collect the required deposit.
· Provide concierge service.
· Production based position with hourly base plus
- Have the drive to handle rejection and the confidence to perform within a short sales cycle
- Must be energetic, outgoing, tenacious, and a natural closer
- Must be able to work in a quota-driven environment
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, and weekends
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Background Check
- Must be a current college student actively pursuing a degree or a recent graduate
Are you ready to join the team and have a summer full of learning and FUN?!
Please apply for Intern Program at www.wvojobs.com or directly to email@example.com and include a cover letter with 2 areas of interest that you would like for your customized project to be based on.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.