Food & Beverage Associate - Wyndham Dubai Marina, UAE
At Wyndham Worldwide, our Associates have the opportunity to explore both personal and professional development opportunities throughout their careers
Wyndham Hotel Group is the world’s largest hotel company based on number of hotels. As both a leading hotel brand franchisor and hotel management services provider, the company’s global portfolio consists of nearly 8,000 properties and approximately 679,100 rooms in 73 countries. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J., with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Dubai and other cities, the company employs approximately 9,000 associates worldwide. From the upper-upscale offerings of its Wyndham Grand® brand, to the distinctly comfortable and familiar properties of its globally recognized Days Inn®, Super 8®, Ramada®, Baymont Inns and Suite®, Hawthorne Suites by Wyndham®, Tryp by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Dolce Hotels and Resorts, Microtel Inn Suites by Wyndham® and Howard Johnson® brands, Wyndham Hotel Group prides itself on providing guests and franchisees with exceptional customer service, great value and the most lodging choices around the world.
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts is an upscale, full-service brand located in key business and vacation destinations around the world. It offers the comfort and amenities you would expect in a world-class hotel, including beautifully appointed public areas, thoughtfully detailed guestrooms and distinct dining options. Business locations feature well-designed meeting space flexible enough to accommodate anything from an executive board meeting to a major sales conference, as well as business and fitness centers
When it comes to location, Wyndham Dubai Marina, will take your breath away. Surrounded by the reflective waters of Dubai Marina. The hotel is just a few minutes away from 'The Walk' at Jumeirah Beach, a hugely popular expansive stretch of beachside cafes, restaurants and shops.
The Food & Beverage Associate
The Food & Beverage Associate is responsible for delivering great service to all guests, being knowledgeable and professional in doing so.
· Responsible for doing all preparations before and during the service, like preparing tables and polish cutlery.
· Keeping track of the stock and supplies in the restaurant and communicating where there might be a shortage like linen, glasswork etc.
· Have an extensive knowledge of the menu’s and other F&B outlets.
· Serving in either conference rooms or other F&B outlets if required.
· Taking orders from the guests, explaining the menu and advising the guest on their decision making.
· Liaising with management for advice if required.
· Communicating with the kitchen about the orders and being very clear about special wishes of guests.
· Consistently upsell of food and beverages and making guests aware of promotions.
· If necessary preparing orders like drinks and preparing snacks, bread.
· Serving at parties and reception if required.
· Dealing with the payments and doing closure paperwork if required.
· Serving the guests with all food and beverage requirements during their stay in an attentive and efficient way.
· Taking reservations, in corporation with the supervisor and hostess/host if necessary because of special requests of the guest.
· Responsible for cleaning tasks during and after service.
· Making sure that all the guest areas look immaculate.
· Attend departmental meetings if required.
· Take feedback from guests and notifying management about it.
· Share ideas for improvement
· Know the software in the F&B outlets to be able to put in the orders
· Ensuring your guests receive what they ordered, guest satisfaction is key at all times
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
- Previous experience in hospitality industry
- Knowledge on food and beverage
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent English
- Energetic and customer focused attitude
- Ability to multitask and work in high paced environment
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.