Food & Beverage Manager
The Hayes Mansion resort hotel is one of the South Bay's most impressive and distinctive historical structures. The Dolce Hayes Mansion is an exquisite fusion of turn-of-the-century luxury and high-tech convenience. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the meticulously renovated Spanish Colonial Revival-style manor is as opulent as ever. This quiet haven, complete with sweeping mountain views, offers the perfect destination for business meetings, special events, weddings or relaxing vacation – just 15 minutes from San Jose International Airport and 45 minutes from San Francisco and Monterey. Nearby, wineries, nightlife and championship golf beckon. Stunning decor, and unparalleled guest service have made the Dolce Hayes Mansion an award-winning legend once again.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for an Food & Beverage Manager to work at our beautiful Dolce Hayes Mansion property in San Jose, California. This position is responsible for coordinating and supervising all aspects of a F&B outlet’s operations, while maintaining a profitable F&B outlet and high quality products and service levels. He/she is expected to assist with daily service, ensure high quality & timely service, reduce associate turnover, and meet budgeted productivity.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Associates must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow associates.
• Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the outlet.
• Maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.
• Supervise outlet associates.
• Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
• Work with the F&B manager and Director of F&B and keep them informed of issues as they arise.
• Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention.
• Coordinate and monitor all phases of Loss Prevention in the outlet.
• Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
• Monitor quality of service in the F&B outlet.
• Assist in menu planning and preparation.
• Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations.
• Ensure compliance with SOP’s and procedures in all outlets.
• Be visible on the floor and assist staff as needed during each meal period.
• Write and deliver associate performance reviews in accordance with Wyndham standards.
• Ensure the training of associates on SOP’s and technical job tasks.
• Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training.
• Manage the interviewing of candidates for front-of-house F&B positions and follow standards for hiring approvals.
• Complete tip reporting.
• Understand, implement and monitor corporate promotions in outlet (if applicable).
• Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
• At least 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 years of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and 2 or more years of related experience.
• Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations.
a) Level of decision making authority (nature and scope of decision-making, extent to which independent action is taken)
• Highest level role in the discipline
• Empowered to make significant decisions regarding interviewing, hiring, disciplinary action, coaching, handling associate complaints, scheduling, budgetary concerns, and other significant areas of responsibility.
b) Level of autonomy (supervision received)
• Ability to deviate from established procedures and make department specific decisions.
• Exercise a significant degree of independent judgment
c) The impact of his/her decision on the organization
• Work directly impact general business operations
d) What, if any, are the supervisory responsibilities? Including titles that report into the position, approximate number of direct and indirect reports.
• May have multiple direct reports including managers, on the line supervisors, and hourly positions.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands handle objects, tools or controls.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and work the majority in a standing position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Sheila Cena at (408) 362-2327. A copy of the company’s affirmative action plan is available at the property in the Human Resource office during normal business hours.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.