Food & Beverage Supervisor
As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
The Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach Resort offers 343 luxuriously appointed guest rooms with spectacular vistas, a beautiful and tranquil spa, waterfront dining and 22,000 square feet of flexible meeting space including the area's largest ballroom. Our refined yet relaxed resort will connect guests through our highly-personalized and anticipatory service, while delivering memorable experiences that evoke the distinctive charm and spirit of Clearwater Beach.
The Food and Beverage Outlet Supervisor will be responsible for providing excellent guest service as it pertains to the food and beverage outlets of resort. He/She will supervise the team of cashier, cooks and attendants in the daily operation. He/she will fill in to cover shifts in the operations when needed. He/she will maintain the company’s expected high quality standards and will follow all safety protocols as dictated by company policy and maintain Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards at all times. He/She offers training and leadership to staff in the outlets, taking the lead on ordering, rotation, and food handling training.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for the Supervisor function of the Food and Beverage department: Supervises the daily operation of the outlets. Ensures all staff are prepared and follow all food handling guidelines. Ensure supplies and stock are available for the daily operation of the outlet. Assists cooks and cashiers with their stations to ensure guest service and satisfaction. Promptly greet guests in a friendly and professional manner. Ensure orders are taken accurately and completely Offer ideas and suggestions to guests when ordering. Ensure the packaged products are stocked, maintain cleanliness of all food and beverage areas, assist in preparation of food orders, assists in the training of others, completes order forms to ensure all food is fresh and in stock. Offers menu ideas and suggestions along with food promotions (35% time)
2. Maintain positive guest, owner and associate relationships: Respond appropriately to guest inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction. Resolve guest issues to resolution in effort to improve the guest experience and escalate any outstanding guest inquiries or concerns to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up. Make appropriate service recovery recommendations. Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. (35% time)
3. Ensure compliance with: Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention, Resort Operating Procedures, Guest Service Department Operating Procedures, and Standard Operating Procedures. Ensure that all food handling processes are followed at all times along with kitchen safety standards. (15% time)
4. Cultivate a “Count On Me” Culture: Continuously exhibit the company’s Count on Me philosophy; be responsive to the needs of our guests, associates and all we come into contact with on the job, be respectful in every way; deliver a great experience. (10% time)
5. Performs other duties as needed (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
• High School diploma or equivalent
b) Training requirements
• Food handling training
• OSHA training for kitchen
c) Knowledge and skills
• Organizational Skills..
• Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks.
• Ability to read and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Ability to give high priority to customer service.
• Ability to solve problems with a minimum of supervision.
• Ability to read, write and understand English.
• Must maintain a professional appearance and a Can-Do, positive attitude towards all guests and staff.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
• Must be people oriented and able to work independently or with others as needed.
• Must be detail oriented.
d) Technical Skills
• Basics to complex kitchen equipment
• Small appliances and kitchen tools knowledge
• Basic knowledge of inventory and rotation of food
• PC – computer skills needed
• Cashier experience required
• Cash handling, counting and moderate calculations requried
e) Job experience
• 1-2 year of food service supervision experience
• 1 year of customer service supervision experience in service or retail environment
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2016 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.