Food & Beverage Supervisor - Wyndham Doha West Bay
- Supports the Food & Beverage Manager ensuring that the operation delivers high standards of food and services in line with the hotel standards
- Works with the restaurant manager to ensure the appropriate staffing levels are maintained
- Assists with the delivery of training and coaching the hotel standards to ensure the food and beverage team can deliver the service required
- Is responsible for overseeing the customer satisfaction process as it relates to the food and beverage operations in the hotel.
- Assists with the reconciliation of daily sales, generated through the food and beverage outlets.
- Assists in the preparation of micros sales reports and monitoring this data to develop the operation.
- Monitoring of purchases, stock control and waste management in all outlets to deliver the required cost of sales percentage agreed in the annual budget.
- Ensures proper security procedures are in place regarding the opening and closing of the outlets on a daily basis, reviewing the check lists to identify issues.
- Supervises stations and ensures that the hotel and hygiene standards are maintained at all times
- Coaches, trains and develops the F&B team with the assistance of the Food & Beverage Manager.
- Ensures the smooth preparation of the restaurant side-stations, mis-en-place and table set-ups as per the WHG standards.
- Ensures the proper appearance and grooming of assigned colleagues.
- Knowledgeable of the outlet’s menu, promotional activities and other relevant isses concerning the outlets and the hotel
- Contributes to meet and maximize the monthly revenue budget for the respective outlet.
- Complies with both the hotel and local environmental, health and safety regulations, policies and procedures
- Handles special dietary requirements in a professional way and keeps both Executive Chef and F&B Manager informed
- Reports any issue to the relevant department.
- Maintaining a business environment based on the Code of Conduct and Company Vision
- Maintain and enhance the open door policy to all associates providing advice and guidance when needed in regards to their issues or concerns and/or grievances
- Assists the Food & Beverage Manager for People leadership of direct reports of your team (recruitment and selection, performance management (Appraisal/PDP), associate development and motivation, counselling / disciplinary issues.
- Conduct regular coaching sessions/1:1s with direct reports with the assistance of the Food & Beverage Manager.
- Ensure that the hotels are fully compliant with Wyndham people processes and deadlines that govern all Wyndham properties. E.g. AES, Success Matters, Probation reviews etc.
- Assists the Food & Beverage Manager in the administration of the probation review process in the operational departments and ensure that follow-up for all issues is done in timely manner and results of both follow-up and the initial reviews are communicated to all relevant parties
- Talent Reviews taken place as per the communicated timeline and are live in the business
- Ensure 100% compliance with all mandatory training for departments; as well as the Departmental Trainers are positively encouraged
- Assists the Food & Beverage Manager in controlling the LTO, Absence and Payroll in your department in conjunction with the HR Leader on property to ensure that any areas of concern.
- Manage the AES process in your department with the Food & Beverage Manager and ensure that the follow up meetings are done and the associates have timely feedback.
- Conduct interviews for relevant roles in conjunction with HR with the assistance of the Food & Beverage Manager
- Ensure that you dine in the Associate restaurant at least three times a week and provide HR Leader on property feedback
- Support WYNcom with quarterly People, Community and Sustainability engagement events.
- To conduct or chair regular communication meetings with team(s) and actively participate in relevant business meetings to facilitate effective communication.
- Conducted documented 121’s with all direct reports
- Share all relevant information with Food & Beverage Manager & Executive Chef in 121’s.
- Assist the Food & Beverage Manager to plan and track departmental budget
- Assist the Food & Beverage Manager Plan and track departmental holidays and lieu days as per the needs of the business.
- Customer driven
- Be able to work under pressure
- Great organizational plan skills
- Good Knowledge of Food and Beverage operation
- Good communication skills
- Ability to supervise team
- A minimum of two years in a similar role in a branded hotel
A degree in hospitality field
Any other certificate in hygiene and health.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.