Front Desk Agent
Nestled in the heart of Galveston Island's Strand Historic District is The Tremont House, an elegant European-style 119 room hotel. The hotel features over 16,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, including the 8,000 sq. ft. Davidson Ballroom; The Tremont Café; The Rooftop Bar; and, the historic Toujouse Lobby Bar, located in the hotel’s four story atrium and dating back to the 1870’s.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Front Desk/Guest Service Agent to work at our beautiful Tremont House, a Wyndham Grand Hotel in Galveston, TX. The Guest Service Agent is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Greet and register incoming guests.
• Process guest folios and collect payment for in-house and departing guests.
• Administer and manage cash handling responsibilities.
• Handle guest requests and concerns promptly and with courtesy.
• Assist guests with any inquiries regarding local entertainment, restaurants or transportation.
• Maintain efficient and effective flow of information with guests and all internal departments.
• Handle additional duties as needed by guests or management.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum 1 year progressive experience in a hotel or related field required.
• Computer experience required.
• Command of the English language both written and verbal.
• Hotel and Customer Service experience preferred.
• Four Diamond hospitality experience highly desirable.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
• Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and guests.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Ability to stand and move throughout front office and continuously perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations for the entire shift.
• Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.