Front Desk Agent
Wyndham Hotel West Energy Corridor is hiring for a Front Office Agent.
Wyndham Hotel West is the heart of Houston’s thriving Energy Corridor—home to international oil, gas, and technology companies. Whether here on business or here for fun, our guests enjoy the close proximity to world-class dining, sporting events, and shopping that the area has to offer. Our hotel provides countless services and amenities to make our guests feel their best while on the road, from free WIFI to a fitness center to an indoor heated saline pool. Our guests can unwind after a busy day over dinner or drinks in our two restaurants, and experience a deeply rejuvenating sleep in one of our 344 stylish guest rooms. From comfortable beds to contemporary ballrooms, we promise a relaxing, productive, and enjoyable stay in Houston
The Front Office Agent is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Education & Experience:
• College course work in related field helpful.
• Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Computer experience required.
• Customer Services experience preferred.
• Physical Requirements
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concern raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
• Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas
• Must be able to work weekends, holidays, mornings, days, and evenings.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.