Front Desk Agent - Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach, UAE
Front Desk Agent – Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach, UAE
At Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach we are committed to creating caring experience – every person, every time. Our Associates have the opportunity to explore both personal and professional development opportunities throughout their careers.
Wyndham Hotel Group is the world’s largest hotel company based on number of hotels. As both a leading hotel brand franchisor and hotel management services provider, the company’s global portfolio consists of nearly 8,000 properties and approximately 679,100 rooms in 73 countries.
Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach, Dubai
Ramada Plaza Jumeirah Beach, a 4-star hotel with views of the neighboring Dubai Marina and Palm Jumeirah, minutes from the vibrant culture and shopping of "The Walk" at JBR, Dubai Marina Yacht Club. Our deluxe hotel with 360 rooms has stylish studios feature a balcony to take in the view while our two - four bedrooms apartments and suites host separate living areas and kitchen. Executive Studios are also available, with complimentary breakfast, welcome drinks, secretarial services, and Happy Hours.
The Front Desk Agent is concerned with assisting the guest efficiently, courteously and professionally in all Front Office duties. To maintain a high standard of quality guest service at all times. Co-ordinate and ensure good communication is maintained throughout the hotel.
- To report to work within the requested time, prior to the commencement of duty, well groomed and dressed to the uniform standard.
- To demonstrate pride in the workplace with a high level commitment
- To treat all guests and colleagues in a polite and courteous manner at all times. To give your full cooperation to all guests, and assist in a prompt, caring and helpful manner.
- To anticipate guest’s needs wherever possible and react to these to enhance guest satisfaction.
- To promote a helpful and professional image to the internal and external customer.
- To ascertain a high degree of guest satisfaction (to receive zero complaints about your department).
- To use guest names whenever appropriate.
- To have a good knowledge of all the different types of rooms, hotel facilities, hours of operation, restaurants, shops and function rooms. To be well informed about special functions and events held in the hotel on a daily basis.
- To be aware of the hotel management, their office location, role and availability.
- To comply with the hotels legal requirements for fire, bomb threats and Health & Safety.
- To attend all training sessions as required.
- To keep your work areas clean and tidy at all times.
- To be fully aware of the national history of Sharjah, places of interest, shopping areas, etc.
- To maintain professional confidentiality and never disclose any secrets pertaining to the Company.
- To carry out any reasonable duties as requested by a senior manager.
- To ensure that the Ramada standards are followed as trained.
- To welcome guests to the hotel using the Ramada standard.
- To resolve and log guests complaints or promptly pass them to the right managerial level if unable to do so.
- To check in and register guests accurately in accordance with established policy and procedures.
- To copy and accurately file guest passport upon arrival ensuring legal compliance.
- To be aware of the Hotel occupancy and average room rate today, month to-date and performance against budget requirements.
- To be aware of the concierge desk, business center, guest relations and Loyalty Club policies and procedures to back up if requested.
- To be a salesperson and anticipate guest needs when offering a room.
- To follow country and company legal requirements and procedures.
- To maintain cash float, according to the department standard.
- To file correspondence, forms, etc on the spot to guarantee a tidy and organized desk.
- Good communication and information of previous and future shifts to be maintained through the Front Office Logbook.
- To actively participate on increasing of hotel revenue through upselling, walk-in and selling additional services
- To enforce and follow the hotel credit policy.
- To update OPERA immediately with any changes.
- To liaise with Reservations ensuring Reception is fully updated on today’s arrivals.
- To carry out all tasks on the daily check list efficiently and thoroughly.
- To handle all tasks given by Shift Leader, Duty Manager or Asst. Front Office Manager
- To liaise with all departments required to assist in the efficient, pleasant and comfortable arrival, stay, departure of our guests.
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
- Proven experience as front desk representative, agent or relevant position
- Familiarity with office machines (e.g. fax, printer etc.)
- Knowledge of office management and basic bookkeeping
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
- Strong communication and people skills
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Customer service orientation
- knowledge in OPERA
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.