Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for an experienced General Manager to work at our beautiful Hawthorn Suites property in Salt Lake City, UT. This leadership position is responsible for focusing on achieving hotel profitability through revenue generation, cost control, guest satisfaction and managing and developing hotel associates, while maintaining the integrity of the hotel.
This Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham is the right mix of comforting amenities and accommodating service located minutes away from Salt Lake City International Airport and centrally located between the cities of Midvale, Murray, and Sandy.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Partner with the Director of Sales and Operations Manager to manage daily hotel operational duties.
- Create a positive team-oriented environment which focuses on the guest, through employee development and motivation.
- Lead hotel sales efforts, including calling top accounts and meeting clients on-site.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with department managers.
- Inspect property regularly with Operations Manager, Housekeeping Supervisor and Property Engineer.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings, including weekly training sessions and reviews of previous and future sales and operations efforts and weekly manager meetings.
- Lead monthly financial reviews.
- Meet all financial review dates and corporate directed programs in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all department heads maintain budgeted productivity levels and company standards.
- Oversee and assist in the budget process as required.
- Develop managers for future advancement through competency training and corporate sponsored training programs.
- Ensure that all appropriate information for financial documents is received by the Corporate Office monthly, in compliance with the monthly accounting calendar.
- Forecast monthly the hotel's financial position, by estimating revenues and line-by-line expenses.
- Analyze previous and projected data to generate an accurate re-forecast.
- Ensure monthly credit meetings are conducted and take an active role in the hotel credit and collection policies.
- Prepare and conduct all management interviews.
- Ensure that all managers are in compliance with the standards in their interviewing and hiring procedures for departmental staff.
- Perform all performance appraisals.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all associates.
- Ensure that all associates receive fair and equitable treatment according to company standards.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Vice President of Operations.
- 6 years progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; OR a 4-year college degree and at least 4 to 5 years of related experience; OR a 2-year college degree and at least 5 to 6 years of related experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of associates and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by associates and guests.
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines regularly.
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Successful experience in various hotel operations.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.