General Manager - Saudi Arabia
- As the leader of the Executive Committee develop and implements property wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the hotel’s guests and associates while providing ROI.
- Leadership of the HOD’s to maximise efficiency and achieve the highest volume of revenue and EBIDTA.
- Responsible for HR leadership of direct reports and their teams (recruitment and selection, performance management (PMP/IDP), associate development and motivation, counselling / disciplinary issues)
- Maximize revenues in conjunction with the Exec Com for all areas of the operation, through innovative marketing and promotional activities, focused customer research, creative and innovative menu’s and promotions, and development of new products / services/features in conjunction with the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Maintain close liaison with the Reservations Manager to monitor market trends, competitive data and business forecasts. To ensure that all HOD’s are trained and developed in all aspects of management reporting, including budgeting, forecasting, marketing and promotions, cost control and revenue generation.
- Take an active role in the preparation of the Marketing Plan, Operation Plan and related Action Plans, including F&B pricing strategies.
- Responsible for delivery of budgeted targets – payroll costs, F&B costs, F&B Revenues to ensure margins and cost reduction targets are achieved.
- To ensure that standards of service are maintained across the entire operation, through the use of Standards and Procedures and a commitment to both on and off job training.
- Conduct regular coaching sessions with HOD’s to further develop both their technical and management skills.
- To work closely with all operational HOD’s to ensure the Hotel is in full compliance with licensing regulations, Health and Safety policies, Food Hygiene regulations and other local policy and procedures. Ensuring health, safety, hygiene and other relevant legislative obligations are fulfilled; ensuring the safety and wellbeing of the hotel, guests and associates.
- Ensure that the operational departments work effectively as one team to provide a seamless service across the operation. Institute a clear communication strategy within the hotel and supporting teams to ensure effective sharing and updating of information throughout the property, including a structured and active meetings and briefings process. Seeking opportunities to encourage teamwork in order to share resources and best practice between departments.
- To work with the HOD’s, the Director of Sales & Marketing and PR/Advertising Agencies to develop new business opportunities within Rooms and F&B, and to continually work on improving existing operations to ensure they exceed both our guests and owners expectations.
- To actively support continuous improvement, developing an attitude of this through associate involvement.
- Maintaining a business environment based on the Code of Conduct and Company Vision
- Conducting frequent and thorough inspections of the hotel operations to ensure service excellence is consistently maintained.
- Taking responsibility for the timely delivery of capital projects within the building to ensure company assets are effectively maintained.
- To conduct or chair regular communication meetings with HOD’s and actively participate in relevant business meetings to facilitate effective communication.
- Ensuring that each operation is accounted for separately as an individual profit centre, the HOD’s are fully accountable for its profitability and the operational budget strictly adhered to.
- Staying up-to-date with financial results (budget versus actual) in sales and cost areas and ensure that sales and profit are maximised.
- In conjunction with the Director of Finance, control expenses and review recommend and implement measures to control them.
- Manage the AES (Associate Engagement Survey) process in conjunction with the HOD’s for the hotels to ensure that the follow up meetings are done and the associates have timely feedback.
- Review the LTO in the operational departments in conjunction with the HRD to ensure that any areas of concern and monitored and rectified.
- Together with the HOD’s, take a leading role in positively representing the company with guests, reinforcing a customer focused approach to hotel operations at all times – and harnessing WynReview (Guest Satisfaction) data is a tool to measure success
- Work with the Reservations Manager on the forecasting both mid-month and 3 months to ensure that the operational departments come in at the budgeted numbers.
- Establish positive contacts within Wyndham Hotel Group’s internal organization to ensure best use of company’s skills, services and professional knowledge. Identify opportunities for resources and facilities to be shared between the properties and implement best practice.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a General Manager
- Managed a hotel with 200 rooms
- Ability to drive and motivate a team of associates of more than 100
- Middle East Experience is desirable
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.