This Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham is located in just a few blocks from Chicago Executive Airport and thirty minutes from O'Hare International Airport. Our convenient location provides a relaxing extended stay with easy access to all of Chicago.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Partner with the Director of Sales and Operations Manager to manage daily hotel operational duties
- Create a positive team-oriented environment which focuses on the guest, through employee development and motivation.
- Lead hotel sales efforts, including calling top accounts and meeting clients on-site.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with department managers.
- Inspect property regularly with Operations Manager, Housekeeping Supervisor and Property Engineer.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings, including weekly training sessions and reviews of previous and future sales and operations efforts and weekly manager meetings.
- Lead monthly financial reviews.
- Meet all financial review dates and corporate directed programs in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all department heads maintain budgeted productivity levels and company standards.
- Oversee and assist in the budget process as required.
- Develop managers for future advancement through competency training and corporate sponsored training programs.
- Ensure that all appropriate information for financial documents is received by the Corporate Office monthly, in compliance with the monthly accounting calendar.
- Forecast monthly the hotel's financial position, by estimating revenues and line-by-line expenses.
- Analyze previous and projected data to generate an accurate re-forecast.
- Ensure monthly credit meetings are conducted and take an active role in the hotel credit and collection policies.
- Prepare and conduct all management interviews.
- Ensure that all managers are in compliance with the standards in their interviewing and hiring procedures for departmental staff.
- Perform all performance appraisals.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all associates.
- Ensure that all associates receive fair and equitable treatment according to company standards.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Vice President of Operations.
- 6 years progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; OR a 4-year college degree and at least 4 to 5 years of related experience; OR a 2-year college degree and at least 5 to 6 years of related experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of associates and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by associates and guests.
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines regularly.
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Successful experience in various hotel operations.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.