Gift Shop Associate - Bahama Bay by Wyndham Vacation Rentals (Four Corners Area)
Bahama Bay by Wyndham Vacation Rentals is seeking a part time Gift Shop Associate to join it's team. This shop is located inside of the Bahama Bay Resort located in the Davenport area (192 and 27 area).
A Gift Shop Associate will be responsible for all item sales, stocking and presentation of products and collection of payment at the gift shop while maintaining a professional appearance and cordial attitude toward all guests and staff members of the resort.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assists customers with purchase selections and processes sales transactions: Collect payment from guests. Receives and stocks merchandise. Creates and maintains attractive store displays.
• Maintain positive customer and associate relationships: Provide excellent customer service to guests in a resort gift shop environment. Respond appropriately to guest inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction. Make appropriate service recovery recommendations. Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
•Updates the computer with new items and maintains accurate price changes. Maintains an adequate inventory at all times without creating an excessive inventory, and displays merchandise effectively to maximize sales.
Monitors vendor activity to ensure correctness of charges and credits. Assist in performing weekly, biweekly or as needed order of supplies to ensure product availability to customers.
• Build a “Count On Me” Culture: Continuously exhibit the company’s Count on Me philosophy; be responsive to the needs of our guests, associates and all we come into contact with on the job, be respectful in every way; deliver a great experience.
• Performs other duties as needed
Knowledge and skills
• Excellent communication skills.
• Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks
• Ability to read and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence and memos
• Ability to give high priority to customer service
• Ability to solve problems with a minimum of guidance
• Cash handling skills
• Must maintain a professional appearance and a Can-Do, positive attitude towards all guests and staff
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
• Must be people oriented and able to work independently or with others as needed
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.