Gift Shop Associate (Part-time, Seasonal) - Wyndham Ocean Blvd
Gift Shop Associate
A Gift Shop Associate will be responsible for all item sales, stocking and presentation of products and collection of payment at the gift shop while maintaining a professional appearance and cordial attitude toward all guests and staff members of the resort. This position will promote Resort Standards and effectively provide services personally or refer requests to the appropriate department manager as needed to exceed guest expectations.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assists customers with purchase selections and processes sales transactions: Collect payment from guests. Receives and stocks merchandise. Creates and maintains attractive store displays. Keep food outlet neat and clean throughout the shift. Receives and stocks merchandise. Clean food and beverage stations leaving the area ready for the start of the next shift. Assists in conducting store inventories. (60% time)
• Maintain positive customer and associate relationships: Provide excellent customer service to guests in a resort gift shop environment. Respond appropriately to guest inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction. Make appropriate service recovery recommendations. Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments. (15% time)
• Ensure compliance with: Internal Audit, Quality Assurance, Loss Prevention, Resort Operating Procedures, Guest Service Department Operating Procedure, and Standard Operating Procedures. (10% time)
• Build a “Count On Me” Culture: Continuously exhibit the company’s Count on Me philosophy; be responsive to the needs of our guests, associates and all we come into contact with on the job, be respectful in every way; deliver a great experience. (10% time)
• Performs other duties as needed (5% time)
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Excellent communication skills.
• Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks
• Ability to read and comprehend routine instructions, short correspondence and memos
• Ability to give high priority to customer service
• Ability to solve problems with a minimum of guidance
• Cash handling skills
• Must maintain a professional appearance and a Can-Do, positive attitude towards all guests and staff
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
• Must be people oriented and able to work independently or with others as needed
• Must be able to easily and frequently change from one activity to another while operating a cash register
• Six months of customer service experience in service or retail environment
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.