Join the Silverado Family!
Silverado Resort and Spa is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Grill Server. The Grill Server is responsible for providing all guests at our main Restaurant with an enjoyable experience, through quality service in the most efficient manner at all times. Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
- Provides guests with exceptional service in order to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Reviews the menu and becomes thoroughly familiar with food and beverage items and means of preparation being offered that day, including the ingredients, preparation, sauces, spirits and garnishes as well as the wine list, what cocktails compliment which food items, and why.
- Checks with manager for assigned station. Ensures station is properly set up and cleaned before, during, and after shift.
- Greets guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explains any specials and/or restaurant/lounge promotions for guest awareness.
- Takes guests' cocktail and food orders, answering all menu questions, making helpful suggestions, and citing a favorite item.
- Presents properly written food check to kitchen/bar, informing of particulars in the order being placed; when complete, retrieve order, confirm its accuracy, and deliver to guest along with appropriate condiments.
- Enter all sales in POS without errors. Double check list of items before "sending". Print a new check after each additional order is entered
- Anticipates guests' needs.
- Practices "clean as you go" techniques of service, including refolding napkins and cleaning between courses, and keeping the station clean, neat, and supplied at all times.
- Closes all guest checks in a timely manner, ensuring all checks are properly signed and printed.
- Completes assigned side work and resets tables for the next meal function.
- Maintains current knowledge of hotel culture, amenities and services, events in the area, points of interest, and services in the area.
- This position requires a minimum formal education of some high school and a minimum one year job-related experience preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
- Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English.
- Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls. Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.and work the majority of shift on feet. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
About Silverado Resort and Spa
Silverado Resort and Spa is a luxury resort in the heart of the world-famous Napa Valley Wine Country! Whether you come to the Northern California area for relaxation, adventure or business, find it here. Located just an hour north of San Francisco, it’s all tucked away from the city while still being close to the Bay Area action. The soothing, full-service spa sets the stage for relaxing comfort, offering massages, facials, manicures, pedicures and more. But there’s more to Silverado Resort and Spa than just soothing stays. Two PGA championship golf courses, which are overseen by World Golf Hall of Fame member, lead golf analyst for NBC Sports, and resort co-owner Johnny Miller, 13 lighted tennis courts, and biking and hiking trails on-site ensure excitement at every corner. And thanks to its Napa Valley Wine Country location, it’s all close to more than 400 wineries. The fine and casual dining within the resort’s restaurants pair nicely with local wines. The elegant styling and picturesque Northern California views makes it one of the most sought after wedding venue destinations as well. It’s all designed to ensure the perfect Napa Valley Wine Country stay for any and all visitors.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.