Group Sales Manager
Group Sales Manager- based in east TN.
This role will be primarily responsible for all aspects of our Groups business. The successful candidate will be an experienced, seasoned sales professional, with direct relevant experience in the Group Sales / Hospitality segment. Supported by the local business and marketing team, they will be expected to cover all aspects of the sales cycle, from lead generation, offer and close. It is expected that they will have established contacts within the industry, as well as the ability to develop new channels and targeted consumer groups. The successful candidate will design, lead, and execute strategies and programs to drive sales and exceed financial growth goals for the business. They will be central to identifying under / non- served consumer groups representing incremental organic growth opportunities for the business. They should possess both a high degree of business acumen as well as creativity in designing effective strategies to expand seasonality beyond traditionally defined parameters by identifying new opportunities to match property to guest. They should be organized and effective, and adept at creating and updating pipeline reporting, sales tracking and performance monitoring reporting.
- Cover all aspects of the sales cycle, from lead generation, offer and close.
- Design, lead, and execute strategies and programs to drive sales and exceed financial growth goals for the business.
- Research new emerging markets for group sales in your appropriate market.
- Finalize details and rate negotiations relating to group lodging reservations, based on pre-approved rates and booking policies.
- Maintain complete, accurate and up-to-date files on all existing and potential groups assigned to the manager’s area of responsibility.
- Manage key accounts in specific market segments.
- Develop new group business via cold calls, leads, trade shows and follow-up. Attend industry trade shows and events as assigned by the Executive General Manager.
- Maintain or exceed sales goals and contribute to budget in all revenue areas.
- Assist in preparing and developing Sales Action Plans.
- Organize and facilitate Group arrivals, stays and departures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of specific marketing programs, promotions, and any other reasonable requests as directed by the Executive General Manager.
- Continually monitor the sales process to ensure that sales are achieved by the prescribed selling method and with the highest level of integrity.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with other properties and industry organizations at the local and state levels as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required. College degree preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of successful experience in Group Sales or equivalent sales related experience. Experience in local market(s) preferred
- Superb interpersonal, communication and presentation skills required
- Solid fiscal management experience of a sales budget required
- Solid data analysis and problem solving skills required
- Demonstrated experience in driving multi-million dollar revenue from business to consumer and business to business sales channels
- Organization skills
- Excellent PC computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.