Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District is a contemporary urban hotel with an inviting mix of high-tech spaces and decor that reflects the Old City charm. Located in Philadelphia's historic district, surrounded by reassures of American Heritage, our hotel is an inviting destination where vacation and business travels can work, relax, dine, meet and embrace the culture of the City of Brotherly Love.
WHG is a drug-free workplace and requires a background check and drug test prior to employment.
The Guest Service Agent is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
· Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Wyndham standards.
· Maintain proper operation of the PBX console and ensure that all hotel standards are met (if applicable).
· Answer guest inquires about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation in a timely manner.
· Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages to guests and meeting rooms.
· Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
· Answer inquires from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
· Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
· Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions.
· Be familiar with all in-house groups.
· Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
· Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
· Be familiar with hospitality terminology.
· Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as needed.
· Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
· Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
· Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
· Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
· Be able to complete a bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping report.
· Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift according to hotel standards.
· Maintain and market promotions and guest programs.
· Maintain a clean work area.
· Assist guests with safe deposit boxes.
Education & Experience:
· College course work in related field helpful.
· Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· Computer experience required.
· Customer Services experience preferred.
· Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
· Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
· Ability to stand during entire shift.
Applicants must already possess legal authorization to work in the United States for consideration.