Guest Services Agent
The Alexander offers up a refreshing dose of local color and flavor, and promises a unique Indianapolis experience for passionate travelers.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Guest Services Agent to work at the art-centric Alexander Hotel in Indianapolis, IN. This position is responsible for providing quality guest services that include registration and check-out, PBX operations, mail and message service.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Greet guests in a friendly and warm manner; perform guest check-in and check-out; solve guest-related problems within scope of responsibility.
• Enter data into computer, including posting miscellaneous charges and entering wake-up call requests into PBX system.
• Compute bill, collects payment and makes change for guests. May post charges such as room, food, liquor or telephone by hand or computer.
• Oversee all cash/credit card transactions and maintain a personal bank. Must understand and enforce the hotel company credit policies. Account for all cash and makes deposits in accordance with hotel and company policies.
• Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests and shopping, dining, entertainment and directions.
• May make restaurant, transportation or entertainment reservations for guests; may deposit guests' valuables in hotel safe or safe-deposit box; may order complimentary flowers or champagne for special guests.
• Answer phones and relay messages to guests and associates; direct telephone calls, internal and external, to the proper party.
• Send/receive faxes that come in to the front fax machine; ensure that incoming faxes are delivered to the appropriate recipient.
• Generate reports for Front Desk, Engineering, and Housekeeping as necessary.
• Establish and secure proper credit between the property and the guest.
• Complete a daily shift audit and balance all account settlements, charges, etc.
• Transport guests as needed.
• Perform other guest services duties whenever necessary.
• Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
• One year minimum job related experience required, preferably within a front desk or customer service role.
• Valid, clean driver’s license.
• Computer literate: Strong proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point. Adaptable to learning new and customized software programs
• Adept at managing fast paced environment and putting people at ease.
• Warm, personable and energetic demeanor with professional and pleasant phone manner.
• Comfortable interfacing with a diverse group of individuals.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize, identify problems, and seek solutions and follow up and follow through with a variety of tasks.
• Projects a professional and polished image that inspires confidence and trust. Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
• Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber.
• Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
• Valid, clean driver’s license.
• Adept at managing fast paced environment and putting people at ease • Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English.
• Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
• Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Frequently is required to talk or hear.
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.