Guest Services Agent
As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Guest Services Agent to work at our beautiful the H Hotel property in Midland, Michigan. This position is responsible for providing quality guest services that include registration and check-out, PBX operations, mail and message service.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Greet guests in a friendly and warm manner; perform guest check-in and check-out; solve guest-related problems within scope of responsibility.
• Enter data into computer, including posting miscellaneous charges and entering wake-up call requests into PBX system.
• Compute bill, collects payment and makes change for guests. May post charges such as room, food, liquor or telephone by hand or computer.
• Oversee all cash/credit card transactions and maintain a personal bank. Must understand and enforce the hotel company credit policies. Account for all cash and makes deposits in accordance with hotel and company policies.
• Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests and shopping, dining, entertainment and directions.
• May make restaurant, transportation or entertainment reservations for guests; may deposit guests' valuables in hotel safe or safe-deposit box; may order complimentary flowers or champagne for special guests.
• Answer phones and relay messages to guests and associates; direct telephone calls, internal and external, to the proper party.
• Send/receive faxes that come in to the front fax machine; ensure that incoming faxes are delivered to the appropriate recipient.
• Generate reports for Front Desk, Engineering, and Housekeeping as necessary.
• Establish and secure proper credit between the property and the guest.
• Complete a daily shift audit and balance all account settlements, charges, etc.
• Transport guests as needed.
• Perform other guest services duties whenever necessary.
• Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
• One year minimum job related experience required, preferably within a front desk or customer service role.
• Valid, clean driver’s license.
• Computer literate: Strong proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point. Adaptable to learning new and customized software programs
• Adept at managing fast paced environment and putting people at ease.
• Warm, personable and energetic demeanor with professional and pleasant phone manner.
• Comfortable interfacing with a diverse group of individuals.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize, identify problems, and seek solutions and follow up and follow through with a variety of tasks.
• Projects a professional and polished image that inspires confidence and trust. Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
• Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber.
• Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
• Valid, clean driver’s license.
• Adept at managing fast paced environment and putting people at ease • Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English.
• Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
• Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Frequently is required to talk or hear.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2016 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.