Guest Services Agent
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Guest Service Agent to work at our beautiful Wyndham property in Santa Monica, CA. This position is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the front desk in accordance with company standards.
- Answer guest inquires about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation in a timely manner.
- Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages to guests and meeting rooms.
- Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
- Provide guests local information regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
- Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
- Maintain and market all rates, packages and special promotions.
- Be familiar with all in-house groups.
- Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
- Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
- Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
- Overall Service Score WynReview of a minimum of 4.
- Demonstrate the COM! Service qualities at all times of Be Responsive, Be Respectful and deliver a great customer experience.
- Support the team goal of Wyndham Rewards enrollments per month.
- Be able to complete a bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping report.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1 year experience using a point of sale, reservation and/or Microsoft office suite system required. Opera preferred.
- In person customer service experience in a hotel environment preferred.
- Ability to maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written, with all levels of associates and guests while providing an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented support.
- Ability to listen to, understand, and clarify concerns raised by guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Willing to maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.