Guest Services Manager
The Guest Services Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of guest services, concierge and uniformed services/transportation in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service prior to and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
The Mills House Wyndham Grand is located in the heart of historic Charleston, South Carolina. Opened in 1853, our guests experience the ultimate in southern charm. Close to the Museum Mile and many historic downtown sights, we are a full service hotel with warm hospitality and friendly services.
Duties & Job Functions
· Respond to all guests’ requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented at the front desk or through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Motivate and develop guest services associates according to Wyndham S.O.P.'s.
· Manage the interviewing process of candidates for guest services positions and follow standards for hiring approvals.
· Write and deliver associate performance reviews in accordance with Wyndham standards.
· Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily, i.e. flash report, allowances, etc.
· Attend daily and monthly rooms meetings.
· Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
· Work at front desk, concierge, and bell desk as appropriate.
· Ensure that no-show revenue is maximized through consistent and accurate billing.
· Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, associates and other departments.
· Work closely with accounting on follow-up items, i.e., returned checks, rejected credit cards, associate discrepancies, etc.
· Operate all aspects of the guest services computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple programming.
· Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that associates maintain Wyndham SOP's in its use.
· Ensure staff greet and welcome all guests approaching the front desk in accordance with Wyndham SOP’s.
· Ensure implementation of all Wyndham policies and house rules. Understand hospitality terms.
· Assist in preparation of revenue and occupancy forecasting.
· Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
· Must maintain constant communication with housekeeping department.
· Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff.
· Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the front desk.
· Follow and enforce all Wyndham hotel credit policies.
· Ensure that associates are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other associates.
· Maintain and monitor "Lost and Found" procedures and policies according to Wyndham standards.
· Establish and maintain key control system.
· Focus the guest services department on their role in contributing to the guest service and audit scores.
· Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
· Maintain required pars of all front office and stationary supplies.
· Review daily guest services work and activity reports generated by Night Audit.
· Be familiar with all Wyndham Rewards programs and offers.
Education & Experience
· At least 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 2-year college degree and 2 or more years of related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of related experience.
· Supervisory experience required.
· Opera experience strongly preferred.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.