Gym Attendant - Wyndham Garden Dammam
Ensure maintenance of all the gym equipment is adhered to at all times.
To carry out gym induction for all new members and new arrival hotel guests.
To ensure all equipment is tidy at all times.
To ensure a supply of fresh fruit is available at all times if applicable
To ensure that safe exercising practices are enforced.
To have a high level of guest impact.
To enforce all Health and Safety rules and club procedures.
To complete the gymnasium daily checklist.
To greet the guests, explain how to complete the signing in and out form, offer a towel and water and then be ready to assist their training if required.
To operate a proper hand over system between shifts.
To have an up to date knowledge of products and promotions within the Health Club.
Take ownership of guest queries and complaints in order to resolve them quickly.
To be aware of all rules and regulations of pool usage and ensure that all members and guests follow them
To ensure that all safety equipment in the pool area is in place and in good condition.
To patrol the pool area and be constantly alert to unsafe practices, or swimmers facing difficulties, assisting any such guest immediately.
To clean the swimming pool daily, using the pool vacuum prior to opening pool, and pool skimmer throughout the day
To monitor clarity and cleanliness of pool water, advising Spa Supervisor if water is murky or cloudy
To carry out weekly check of pool tiles and grouting to ensure no buildup of algae – cleaning grouting at the frequency and method as per pool standards
To patrol the pool area, removing loose garbage, leaves etc throughout his shift
To assist pool bar staff by removing glasses, plates etc whenever required – returning to pool bar area.
To ensure sun beds, tables and umbrellas are set up in the correct fashion prior to pool opening times
To assist cleaners in cleaning furniture and mattress covers whenever required
To be aware of all club services and charges so as to assist any guests and answer questions
To be aware of the gym operation and facilities
To be aware of the reception desk duties in order to cover reception duties when requested.
To offer professional and friendly service to guests and members at all times
To be flexible and proactive with colleagues
To be aware of pool fire procedure and ensure it is followed
To carry out any request as advised by supervisor.Laws, Regulations & Policies:
Ensure compliance with business operations laws
Ensure compliance with hospitality operations laws
Ensure compliance to all applicable laws, and corporate standards and guidelinesAssociate Relations
- Fosters and develops effective associate relations throughout the hotel
Health & Safety
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reduced immediately
- Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency and bomb procedures
- Ensures that emergency procedures are practiced to provide for the security and safety of guests and associates
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and corrects them or take action to prevent them from happening
- Ensures that the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniforms and appearance
- Attends meetings and trainings required by the Department Head or Hotel Management.
- Attends meetings and training as required.
- Continuously seeks to endeavor and improve the hotel’s efficient operation and knowledge of own job function.
- Ensures all requests and correspondence (e.g. from Department Head) are dealt with in a timely and accurate manner.
- Attends any property meetings that are relevant to the position.
- Is knowledgeable about corporate loyalty / Incentive Programmes.
- Assists colleagues to perform similar or related jobs when necessary.
- Ensures guest satisfaction by attending to their requests and inquiries courteously and efficiently.
- Accepts flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to hotel guests and the hotel’s stakeholders.
- Maintains own working area, materials and company property clean, tidy and in good shape.
- Embraces the core values of Wyndham Hotels and is seen as a brand ambassador of WHG
- Is well updated on, and possesses solid knowledge of the following:
- Hotel fire, bomb and emergency procedures
- Hotel health and safety policies and procedures
- Wyndham Hotels standards of operation and departmental procedures
- Current licensing relating to own responsibility, and to the hotel
- Accepted methods of payment by the hotel
- Corporate clients generating high business volume
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent people skills with flair in conversing with customers and motivating them for fitness training
- Knack in developing training schedule for gym members
- Ability to prevent injuries during weight training, power-lifting, and aerobics
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a similar position
- Experience in 4* star hotel or health club
- Basic knowledge of gym equipment
- Good command of English (written and verbal skills)
- Knowledge of Arabic language is an advantage
- Experience in multi-cultural environment
- Team Player
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.