Health Club Attendant
*This position is part time*
The Health Club Attendant is responsible for providing a comfortable environment for health club guests, replenishing refreshments and maintaining the locker room and health club facilities.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Hygiene is key in this environment due to the close proximity of working with the clients. At no time is cigarette smoke allowed to be on the hands, clothes or breath of a spa employee during a shift.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Welcome guests to the facilities.
- Assist guests with use of all facilities.
- Issue guest lockers for the duration of their stay.
- Issue clothing/towels to guests as required.
- Explain clothing and no smoking policies.
- Maintain guest refreshment areas and supplies.
- Maintain locker room in a tidy manner.
- Maintain toiletries, linens and grooming aids in locker rooms.
- Maintain clothing inventory to and from laundry on a daily basis.
- Issue clothing to each guest as needed during the duration of the stay via “clothing receipt” form and update form as necessary.
- Check and clean lockers upon each guests’ departure.
- Rotate clean/dirty clothing and towels from laundry throughout the day.
- Vacuum carpets when needed, and thoroughly at close of shift.
- Clean mirrors throughout the shift.
- Sanitize toilets, urinals and sinks throughout the day.
- Clean steam rooms with sanitizing agent.
- Mop floors with sanitizing agent.
- Submit maintenance requests to ensure facility/amenities are in proper working order.
- Provide Health Club tours as necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.