Wyndham Hotel West Energy Corridor is located at 14703 Park Row and is hiring for a Host/Hostess Part Time.
Wyndham Hotel West is the heart of Houston’s thriving Energy Corridor—home to international oil, gas, and technology companies. Whether here on business or here for fun, our guests enjoy the close proximity to world-class dining, sporting events, and shopping that the area has to offer. Our hotel provides countless services and amenities to make our guests feel their best while on the road, from free WIFI to a fitness center to an indoor heated saline pool. Our guests can unwind after a busy day over dinner or drinks in our two restaurants, and experience a deeply rejuvenating sleep in one of our 344 stylish guest rooms. From comfortable beds to contemporary ballrooms, we promise a relaxing, productive, and enjoyable stay in HoustonThe Host/Hostess is responsible for providing the highest quality of service to guests in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner. He/she is also responsible for receiving and delivering guests orders and collecting payment.
· Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
· Be familiar with the organization of the Restaurant(s), lounges, and Room Service and know the function of each job position.
· Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials in applicable outlets.
· Service guests with all food and beverage requirements in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner.
· Be familiar with the operation of the P.O.S system.
· Perform cashiering functions by closing checks and preparing end of shift paperwork.
· Perform opening and closing procedures and side-work duties according to station rotation assignment and established checklist.
· Ensure that tables and side stands are kept stocked, tidy and clean.
· Answer the telephone according to standards.
· Consistently upsell food, beverage and promotional items to guests.
· Be familiar with fire extinguishers, locations and know how to use them.
· Receive and deliver food and beverage orders and collect payment.
· Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Education & Experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
· Food Handler's Permit required.
· Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
· Medium work-Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
· Ability to stand during entire shift.
· Must be able to maneuver throughout the dining area while carrying full trays of food & beverages.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.