The Housekeeping Houseperson is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of guest corridors, elevators and all assigned areas. He/she is also responsible for delivering items to guest rooms (luggage, irons, coffee, etc.).
· Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
· Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
· Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
· Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
· Walked assigned floors at beginning and end of shift; remove newspapers, trays, empty ash urns, remove trash and/or linens and note any areas that need immediate cleaning.
· Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
· Use daily checklist to complete projects listed below as assigned.
a. Elevator lobbies
b. Ash urns
c. Glass tables
e. Ice machines/vending machines
f. Elevator doors/frames
g. Service landing/linen closets
h. Stair wells
i. Polish floors
j. Other projects as assigned by management
· Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests, fellow employees and self.
· Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the hotel standards.
· At the end of the shift, turn in all keys and assignment sheets to the Housekeeping Office.
· Report maintenance issues to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
· Be familiar with correct guestroom cleaning procedures to assist with cleaning if needed.
· Pick up any Room Attendant's dirty linen or trash as needed.
· Before leaving section, collect all trash from the service landings and take to/dispose in outside trash dumpsters, per hotel procedures.
· Vacuum guest corridors.
· Assist Housekeeping as needed (i.e. bedboards, roll-aways, flip beds, etc.)
· Deliver any clean linen to assigned sections, if applicable.
· Maintain cleanliness and organization of Housekeeping Office, linen rooms, storage closets and stairwells.
· Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.