As a world-class meeting facility and four-diamond resort, the multifaceted Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, a Dolce Resort is a place where the possibilities are as endless as the views. For meetings, spectacular indoor and outdoor venues create the backdrop for imaginative events, allowing attendees to enjoy the beautiful setting while remaining productive and inspired.
Currently, we are searching for a talented Housekeeping Manager to join the team of the Cheyenne Mountain Resort Colorado Springs, a Dolce Resort and who will be responsible for ensuring the operation of the housekeeping department in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service and a clean and safe environment throughout their stay, while efficiently maximizing service levels in accordance with the Wyndham Hotel Group policies and procedures.
- Maintain revenue and payroll budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistently high.
- Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training.
- Motivate, develop, and manage associates according to Wyndham S.O.P.'s.
- Manage the interviewing process of candidates and follow standards for hiring approvals.
- Write and deliver associate performance reviews in accordance with Wyndham standards.
- Ensure compliance with SOP’s and procedures in department.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Comply with weekly and monthly forecasting procedures.
- Ensure the training of department supervisors, and associates on SOP’s, report preparation and technical job tasks.
- Associates must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers, and fellow associates.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintain a regularly scheduled cleaning program (i.e. floor care, hard cleaning, mattress flipping, etc.) and maintain a detailed checklist for each position.
- Assist in maintaining and controlling all housekeeping equipment.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all corporate Risk Management standards (MSDS, HazComm, etc.).
- Ensure that large guestroom turns are managed efficiently.
- Ensure consistency with departmental opening and closing procedures.
- Carry a pager at all times.
- Inspect rooms daily, and ensure that some rooms are inspected with supervisors on a daily basis.
- Assist the department head in inspecting all VIP rooms prior to arrival.
- Ensure that public areas, guest rooms and back-of-house areas are cleaned to Wyndham standards.
- Assist in maintaining required pars of all housekeeping and laundry supplies by ordering all needed supplies and amenities on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Assist in conducting monthly and quarterly housekeeping inventories on a timely basis.
- Ensure guest privacy and security through correctly following Wyndham procedures.
- Monitor work orders and submit to engineering according to hotel procedures. Follow up on work orders to ensure completion.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings for room attendants and housemen.
- Respond to emergency situations using information contained in MSDS sheets. Keep MSDS sheets current and easily available.
- Balance and clear room status nightly; compare the p.m. housekeeping report with the PMS room status report and resolve any discrepancies.
- Review housekeeping staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to accounting on a timely basis.
- Operate pagers and radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the department.
- Monitor out-of-order, out-of-service, discrepant and show rooms.
- Must maintain constant communication with guest services.
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and 2 or more years of related experience.
- Management experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, and approach all encounters with all level of associates and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and Count On Me! service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by associates and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Management Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Management Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.