Silverado Resort and Spa is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Housekeeping Manager. The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for management of all facets of the Housekeeping Department. Ensures high levels of guest service and satisfaction including rooms, public areas, department storage areas and work areas. Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintains inventory and cost control systems for staffing, linen and cleaning supplies.
- Manages housekeeping staff: hiring, counseling, performance evaluations, training and development.
- Implement and maintain all operating and quality standards established for the Housekeeping and Laundry departments.
- Assists in the development of the department's annual budget
- Coordinates staffing and payroll to conform with productivity and budgetary standards. Prepare schedules based upon occupancy and assign duties to workers and schedule shifts or notify vendor of weekly staffing needs. Prepares daily assignment sheets for all housekeeping employees.
- Practice safe work habits; follow MSDS and OSHA standards; wear protective safety equipment and participate in safety committees as directed.
- Ensures quality services are rendered in meeting guest needs and that guest relations are enhanced.
- Inspects, monitors and maintains level of cleanliness in rooms, storage areas, laundry, restrooms and public areas.
- Enforces standard procedures for the acceptance, security and return on guest lost and found items.
- Conducts inventories of uniforms, linen, supplies and equipment as required and orders and receives supplies so as to maintain adequate inventory levels.
- Controls, monitors and communicates room status with front desk.
- Maintains departmental key control.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services and resolve guests' complaints and concerns.
- Observe and monitor staff performance to ensure efficient operations and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Evaluate condition of furniture, fixtures, décor, etc.; make recommendations and assist in the coordination of rehab projects.
- Conduct/attend staff meetings; attend various other related meetings to obtain and disseminate pertinent information.
- High school education, GED, or equivalent experience.
- At least two years experience in a supervisory role, Rooms or Housekeeping experience preferred.
- Outstanding management, organization, communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to successfully coordinate staff in a high volume, time sensitive environment.
- Maintain sanitation procedures and organization of work area adhering to all OSHA and local health department regulations.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Basic office skills, experience with personal computer & Microsoft Office, general office equipment and 10-key calculator.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and work the majority of shift in a standing position. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
About Silverado Resort and Spa
Silverado Resort and Spa is a luxury resort in the heart of the world-famous Napa Valley Wine Country! Whether you come to the Northern California area for relaxation, adventure or business, find it here. Located just an hour north of San Francisco, it’s all tucked away from the city while still being close to the Bay Area action. The soothing, full-service spa sets the stage for relaxing comfort, offering massages, facials, manicures, pedicures and more. But there’s more to Silverado Resort and Spa than just soothing stays. Two PGA championship golf courses, which are overseen by World Golf Hall of Fame member, lead golf analyst for NBC Sports, and resort co-owner Johnny Miller, 13 lighted tennis courts, and biking and hiking trails on-site ensure excitement at every corner. And thanks to its Napa Valley Wine Country location, it’s all close to more than 400 wineries. The fine and casual dining within the resort’s restaurants pair nicely with local wines. The elegant styling and picturesque Northern California views makes it one of the most sought after wedding venue destinations as well. It’s all designed to ensure the perfect Napa Valley Wine Country stay for any and all visitors.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.