Housekeeping Public Area Attendant
There’s no one else like us. Wyndham Hotel Group is the world’s largest and most diverse hotel business, with a global portfolio of more than 8,400 hotels and approximately 728,200 rooms in 80 countries. We’re a hospitality powerhouse, with iconic brands united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, Wyndham Rewards. Offering members a simple-to-use, generous points earning structure along with a flat, free night redemption rate – the first of its kind for a major rewards program, Wyndham Rewards® offers members the chance to earn and redeem points for hundreds of rewards options around the world every day.
Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette when communicating with other employees.
- Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests, fellow employees and self.
- At the end of the shift, turn in all keys and assignment sheets to the Housekeeping Office.
- Be familiar with correct guestroom cleaning procedures to assist if needed.
- Deliver any clean linen to assigned sections, if necessary.
- Pick up Room Attendant's dirty linen or trash as needed.
- Before leaving, collect all trash from the service landings and take to/dispose in outside trash dumpsters, per hotel procedures.
- Vacuum guest corridors.
- Keep hallways, public areas and closets neat and organized.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation in public restrooms.
- Maintain the stairwells to hotel standards.
- Keep ash urns clean and filled with sand.Report all missing items from room (i.e., irons/boards, hair dryers, etc.) to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
Report any maintenance repairs immediately to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
- Handle items for “Lost and Found” according to the standards.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.