Housekeeping Supervisor - Ramada Hotel & Suites Sharjah, UAE
Housekeeping Supervisor– Ramada Hotel & Suites Sharjah, UAE
At Ramada Hotel & Suites Sharjah we are committed to creating caring experience - every person, every time. Our Associates have the opportunity to explore both personal & professional development opportunities throughout their careers.
Wyndham Hotel Group is the world's largest hotel company based on number of hotels. As both a leading hotel brand franchisor & hotel management services provider, the company's global portfolio consists of nearly 8,000 properties & approximately 679,100 rooms in 73 countries.
Ramada Hotel & Suites Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Ramada Hotel & Suites Sharjah, The hotel sets a new level of contemporary luxury, style, design, and cuisine for business & leisure travellers, situated amid Sharjah's exclusive areas & rich cultural attractions. It provides an ideal accommodation solution for long-term business travellers & families with its state-of-the-art technology & facilities. The hotel is ideally located in Sharjah opposite the large Sahara shopping centre. Its location offers easy access to Dubai, Sharjah City Center, public beach, Sharjah Lagoon & Corniche. Proximity to Sharjah Expo Center makes the hotel ideal for business travellers. Sharjah Airport is 15 km away, while Dubai Airport is 17 km away from the hotel.
This position is responsible to perform to perform each essential duty to the required standard and manage subordinates in a professional manner. Housekeeping Supervisor should be concerned with supervision instruction and demonstration of correct cleaning methods in a calm and understanding manner. A competent person who knows the staff well should occupy the position. Floor supervisors are representatives of the Executive Housekeeper on the floor. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and ability required and Promotes the desired work culture around the five core values of Trust, Integrity, Respect, One Team and Service of the Ramada Hotels Group and the brand ethos.
It is not the intent of this Job Description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility.
- Inspect that the guest rooms, corridors, services and staircases are spotless. .
- Ensure that guest rooms are correct and well supplied.
- Report rooms in order to the housekeeping office for sale.
- Preparation of VIP rooms + full paying guests.
- Notify maintenance of necessary repair.
- Notify the housekeeping office or assistant when damage has occurred by the fault of the guest.
- Continue to train the Team Members and inspect not only the finished job but during their work in a guest room.
- Correct Team Members when improper methods are being used.
- Report to the Executive housekeeper on the quality of Team Members and recommend promotion.
- Should hold daily briefings with the Team Members to discuss instruction and persons for any complaints.
- Is responsible for the linen inventory on assign floor twice a year or when required.
- Has to submit handover tasks to the evening supervisor daily Basis.
- Attends communication meetings. Highlight courses in house training sessions, cross exposure training and Ramada International courses
- Recommended changes to these standards and training needs on an ongoing basis
- Maintain a current and thorough knowledge of all housekeeping systems.
- Open and close the shift and ensure effective shift hand over
- Distribution and collection of keys
- Management of all incoming and outgoing calls
- Solve employee grievances.
- Perform Room allocations.
- Perform Room inspections.
- Liaise with Front Office for guest and hotel requirements
- Ensure guest valet is processed and delivered in a timely manner
- Co-ordinate special projects (eg site rooms, vermin control, window and carpet cleaning, room inventories)
- Manage all special requests made by guests
- Ensure consistency within the department
- Management of lost property for the hotel
- Ensure you have complete knowledge of room types, layouts and facilities
- Manage storage areas
- Maintain adequate stock levels
- Complete stock takes as required
- Maintain stock levels
- Conducts shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known Skills & Competencies.
- Prepare induction programs for new employees and allocate sufficient time for their implementation
- Conduct on the job training in accordance with the departmental standards and procedures and maintains a record of progress for each staff member
- Provide input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guidelines
- Ensure new staff attend Hotel Orientation within first month of hire
- Coach, counsel and discipline staff in breach of hotel policies and departmental procedures, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance
- Works with superior in the preparation and management of the department’s budget and is aware of financial targets
- Recycles where-ever possible and enforces cost saving measures to staff
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
- Hotel management diploma or equivalent. Read and understand instructions, safety rules, etc. Good spoken, written and reading ability in English.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant working experience in hospitality industry
- Good team player with positive customers service mind-set.
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by the Executive Housekeeper.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.