As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Houseperson to work at our beautiful the H Hotel property in Midland, MI. This position is responsible for the general cleaning and upkeep of public space and other assigned areas in accordance with all housekeeping procedures and standards and safety and security rules and regulations to ensure guest satisfaction.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Perform heavy cleaning of guest rooms including stripping floors, maintaining carpets and cleaning balconies and windows.
• Uses appropriate cleaning chemicals utilizing all established safety procedures.
• Operates housekeeping cleaning equipment including carpet/floor care tools as assigned.
• Move furniture as necessary.
• Participate in general cleaning with tasks such as turning mattresses and removing sheers and drapes.
• Ensure that all equipment is distributed and maintained in proper operating order.
• Ensure that all linen closets are stocked.
• Ensure delivery of guest request items to guest rooms.
• Ensure that trash is collected and disposed of properly.
• Ensures that superior guest service is provided through fast, flawless, and spotless service standards.
• Minimum 1 year of experience working in housekeeping is required, preferably in a high volume hotel, conference center or resort.
• Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
• Maintain sanitation procedures and organization of work area adhering to all OSHA and local health department regulations.
• Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
• Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and work the majority of shift in a standing position.
• Frequently is required to talk or hear.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2016 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.