Human Resources Coordinator
The Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center is located on the University of Pittsburgh campus, in the heart of Oakland. It is several blocks from Carnegie Mellon University as well as several UPMC hospitals. This 251 room hotel offers a full-service restaurant and lounge, 7,333-sq foot of meeting space, and an indoor heated pool. Nearby attractions include Heinz Field, Consol Energy Center, PNC Park, Kennywood Park, Sandcastle Waterpark, the Carnegie Museum of Art and Natural History, and Point State Park. Our employees enjoy free parking, a free meal when working, and discounted hotel rooms throughout the company. We are less than a block away from public transportation.
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for assisting the HRD in the day- to- day operations of the Human Resources office including clerical and record keeping duties. He/she is also responsible for responding internal and external inquiries regarding benefits, employment, policies and other HR-related issues. This position also completes payroll and has General Cashier responsibilities.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
Education & Experience:
• Experience in a hotel or related industry helpful.
• Basic Human Resources knowledge required.
• At least one year experience in conflict resolution.
• College course work in related field helpful.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Must be proficient in company-approved word processing and spreadsheet applications as evidenced by the ability to troubleshoot spreadsheets and basic PC problems.
• Previous cash handling experience required.
• Long hours sometimes required.
• Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
• Answer telephone and email messages. Respond accordingly.
• Attend meeting and take minutes.
• Manage existing files and create new ones as needed.
• Greet internal & external guests in a friendly and professional manner.
• Maintain and stay abreast of the latest computer programs/innovations (as applicable).
• Handle complaints/questions/special requests from internal guests.
• Assist with the recruitment process.
• Conduct initial pre-screening interviews for candidates
• Review and respond to all timesheet edits, payroll corrections, etc.
• Maintain monthly update of employee birthday and anniversaries.
• Maintain employee files.
• Ability to resolve conflicts.
• Ability to conduct training.
• Other duties as requested by your manager.
• Monitor, prepare and communicate financial reports in accordance with Wyndham’s requirements meeting various due dates; i.e., daily labor, tip, month-end, overtime reports, etc.
• Monitor and prepare deduction schedules and payments as necessary; i.e., credit union, garnishments, health & welfare, pension and union dues, etc.
• Ensure proper paycheck distribution for each department periodically.
• Maintain a working knowledge of current payroll related laws and regulations.
• Prepare all required payroll journal entries.
• Keep supervisor informed of any unusual events and/or deviations of policies or procedures.
• Copy and distribute reports as necessary.
• Monitor and maintain timekeeping equipment.
• Retrieve and process all deposits in accordance with Wyndham’s Hotel Group standards.
• Maintain adequate supplies of change and provide change to all departments as scheduled.
• Issue or redeem cashier banks as needed by the departments with the approval of the Controller.
• Audit cashier banks as required by Wyndham’s standards. Maintain all documentation.
• Process petty cash receipts and reimbursements on a regular basis and inform management of any deviations to policy.
• Maintain a complete record of all funds transferred to and from the bank.
• Ensure adequate controls on the General Cashier’s fund in accordance with hotel standards.
• Maintain all cashier contracts.
• Process “duebacks” on a timely basis.
• Ensure that all cashier’s operating equipment is in good condition and working order (cash drawers, cashier vaults, credit card equipment, etc.), if applicable.
• Maintain adequate inventory of cashier supplies, including deposit envelopes, credit card vouchers, and other printed materials.
• Maintain and ensure the security of the safe, its combination, and all cashier vaults. Immediately notify management of any security breaches. Immediately request a change of the safe combination in any event of entry other than the General Cashier.
• Keep management informed of any unusual operational or financial events and/or deviations of policies or procedures.
• Prepare copy and distribute reports as necessary.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.