Human Resources Manager
- Provide support to team members and managers on all aspects of the human resource function.
- Implement learning and development programs to ensure optimal property-wide performance.
- Partner with managers to identify and grow diverse leadership, talent, and functional skills.
- Play a key role in building a culture of service and sales using the resources and tools provided.
- Lead all aspects of driving the Service Culture Program with all associates.
- Lead Engagement Survey process to include action planning and ongoing focus and improvement efforts.
- Communicate and manage Dolce’s ethics program and resources at the property.
- Focus resources on the “right” reward and recognition strategy to motivate and incent associates aligned with the company goals and objectives.
- Oversee the operations and administration of the Human Resources function within the property liaising as appropriate with the Corporate HR team.
- Participate in strategic planning and budgeting activities.
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of compensation practices.
- Ensure compliance regarding all employment practices: selection processes, record keeping, Canada employment compliance & reporting, file management, legal, and workers’ compensation claims.
- Implement and drive key HR processes across the property including: performance management system, college recruiting, career development, and succession planning, safety and security, and recognition programs.
- Manage benefits administration, monthly reconciliation and maintenance; drive wellness initiatives for all associates.
- Manage leaves of absence, disability, workers’ compensation and layoffs.
- Lead all aspects of performance management system and succession planning program at the property.
Assist in the Health & Safety program by ensuring that section 27 of the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) are being followed; conduct employee training and accident investigations; coordinate Health & Safety training within the department.
May be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities as set forth above.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent training and experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Human Resources management preferably within the hospitality industry.
- Required proficiency, knowledge, and experience in all HR processes: selection & employment (sourcing strategies, interviewing skills, Employment laws, college recruiting, on-boarding), employee relations, compensation, benefits administration, workers compensation, and talent management.
- Working knowledge of federal and provincial laws and regulations (ESA, Ontario Human Rights, OHSA, AODA and WHMIS).
- Exhibits uncompromising integrity and commitment to company values, human resources principles, and business conduct policies, demonstrating consistency between words and actions.
- Strong results orientation and track record with demonstrated sense of urgency.
- Fosters relationships and a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives; demonstrates flexibility in approach and vision.
- Effective presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Experienced with recruiting technology (ATS System) is highly preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and use sound business judgment.
- Strong planning and project management skills and ability to apply these skills in effective working partnerships across organizational lines.
- Experience in coaching and providing training for business partners, line managers, and hourly associates.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, including group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Bilingual skills (French/English) are a strong asset.
- CHRP designation required and working towards obtaining CHRL designation
- Must have employment eligibility in Canada.
- Valid Ontario Driver's license- G Class
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 5 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. This includes traveling to and from meetings and may include air travel. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Ability to travel to other hotels, career fairs, universities and client events via car, plane, rail and subway, as needed
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
- Some portions of the assignments may require travel to other hotels, career fairs, universities, and client events via car, plane, rail, subway or other mode.
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in all of our business practices.
We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.