Income Auditor- Wyndham Garden Dammam
Scope and General Purpose of Job:
The Income Auditor maintains all necessary income reports and journals by accurately auditing the daily revenues of the hotel, in accordance with hotel accounting and financial controls. All jobs are carried out in accordance with hotel accounting and financial controls under the supervision and functional guidance of the Director of Finance in line with the hotel’s business plan and in accordance with Wyndham corporate policies and procedures, as well as local requirements and regulations.
·Performs a check of the daily night audit ensuring its accuracy and completeness and that all the modes of income have their proper backups and authentication.
· Checks the Housekeeping Discrepancy report
· Verifies the room rate variance report
· Verifies amended and void checks
· Carries spot checks on cash float
· Verifies the following: Paid outs, allowances, corrections, Other Income and A&G report
· Reconciles all miscellaneous/net point revenues
· Counter checks the Inclusive meal postings for the day
· Prepares and verifies the daily sales report the inter hotel room comparison report
· Prepares the memorandum control report and balances with trial balance from Opera and accounts receivable ledger
· Maintains a filing system for the daily information, restaurant charges, promotional tickets and coupons, zero/cash folios, etc.
· Maintains a serial control of restaurant guest checks, cash receipts & net point cash cards
· Issues and tracks all banquet and brunch tickets
· Verifies banquet function sheets with the corresponding checks and maintains a file for the same
· Verifies transportation income with the daily transport log from security
· Prepares all necessary period end closing reports
·Checks the general cashiers daily banking report
· Verifies the Exchange rates in the system each week
· Assists during special functions and events.
· Verifies the Incentive claims from front office
· Should perform periodic guest safety box audits
· Ensures that all A&G calls and outlet checks have their proper authorization
· Ensure PM folios are cleared on a timely basis
· Ensures that all complimentary rooms given have been approved and maintains a file for the same
· Prepares the Month End Room statistics, Nationality & Catering Statistics report
·Should always be available on call
·Carries out any other functions, which may from time to time be delegated by the Chief Accountant / Director of Finance
· Complies fully with the set financial reporting deadlines as outlined by the Director of Finance.
Laws, Regulations & Policies
• Ensure compliance with business operations laws
• Ensure compliance with hospitality operations laws
• Ensure compliance to all applicable laws, and corporate standards and guidelines
·Fosters and develops effective employee relations throughout the hotel
Health & Safety
·Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reduced immediately
·Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency and bomb procedures
·Ensures that emergency procedures are practiced and enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees
·Ensures that own staff works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others
·Stimulates and encourages a general awareness of health and safety in tasks and activities
·Ensures the safety of the people and property within the premises by applying hotel regulations, adhering to existing laws and regulations
· Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and corrects them or take action to prevent them from happening
·Ensures that the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniforms and appearance
· Attends meetings and trainings required by the Director of Finance
·Assists colleagues to perform similar or related jobs when necessary
·Ensures guest satisfaction by attending to their requests and inquiries courteously and efficiently
· Accepts flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to hotel guests and the hotel’s stakeholders
· Maintains own working area, materials and company property clean, tidy and in good shape
· Continuously seeks to endeavor and improve the department’s efficient operation, and knowledge of own job function
·Is well updated on, and possesses solid knowledge of the following:
§ Hotel fire, bomb and emergency procedures
§ Hotel health and safety policies and procedures
§ hotel standards of operation and departmental procedures
§ Current licensing relating to own responsibility, and to the hotel
§ Accepted methods of payment by the hotel
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
· Attention to detail and accuracy
·Good verbal and written communication skills
· Organizational skills
· Communication Skills
·Good listening skills
·Talks easily with internal and external customers
·Establish good working relationship with external and internal customers.
·Observes good practices in the office and in the entire Hotel in terms of recycling
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company’s Count on Me! service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotel Group manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotel Group performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotel Group where Wyndham Hotel Group is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATE & EDUCATION
· Degree in hotel management or accounting
· Minimum two years’ experiences in the same position.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.