• Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and orderliness in all kitchens, back dock, dumpster and utility work areas.
• Heavy duty cleaning of ovens, grills, sinks, walls, floors, walk-in refrigerators and freezers and other heavy kitchen equipment.
• Wash pots, pans, and kitchen utensils following proper procedure for their cleanliness and sanitation, and Vacuum carpeted areas through the food and beverage outlets.
• Sweep, mop and wash floors in all food and beverage areas, kitchen, and restaurant and dock area.
• Keep management informed of shortage of equipment and supplies.
• Operate the dishwashing equipment to ensure that all china, glass, and silver are cleaned thoroughly and sanitation of such is maintained.
• Return all clean china, glass, and silver to its proper storage location using care to minimize breakage.
• Knowledge of proper safe handling techniques for all chemicals used.
• Report any faulty equipment to management immediately.
• Empty garbage from the Food and Beverage areas into the hotel dumpster.
• Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
• Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees.
• Follow the proper procedures in the breakdown, cleaning and reassembling of all kitchen equipment, as needed.
• Follow all sanitation standards.
• Assist in the set up and breakdown of the restaurant buffet as required.
• Assist Banquets by supplying china, glass, and silver as required by business demand.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform, nametag, and apron.
• Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
• High school diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift.
• Ability to withstand temperature variations, both hot and cold.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free Workplace
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.