Lead Banquet Set Up Attendant
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Oversee and assist in the cleaning and set-up of banquet and meeting rooms for functions. Arrange tables, chairs, etc., to proper specifications.
- Ensure the correct and timely set up of all Banquet Event Order functions.
- Maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the banquet functions space, pre-function space and storage areas to include the carpets, walls, walks, doors, windows, lighting fixtures, etc.
- Ensure the banquet storeroom is neat and organized and stocked with any and all appropriate supplies necessary for meetings or food service functions.
- Be familiar with fire exit and extinguisher location, and follow all hotel safety rules.
- Oversee the breakdown of functions after completion and ensure that all equipment and supplies are stored properly.
- Supervise the transport and storage of tables, chairs, and other equipment.
- Refresh meeting rooms as needed.
- Notify management of any hazards.
- Be familiar with the organization of the hotel and know the function of each department.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during the entire shift.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.