The Wyndham Boston - Beacon Hill residential streets are reminiscent of London, and streets such as stately Louisburg Square indeed capture the grandeur that was intended. Charles Street, Beacon Hill’s charming commercial thoroughfare, is Boston’s most enchanting spot for browsing boutiques, haggling over antiques, or sipping a steaming cappuccino at one of the European-styled cafes. The Boston - Beacon Hill Hotel is located in this bustling area and has great views of the Charles River and the State House, this 304 room hotel offers a full-service restaurant and lounge, 5,678-sq foot of meeting space and an outdoor pool. Our employees enjoy a free meal when working, and discounted hotel rooms throughout the company. We are a couple of blocks away from public transportation.
• Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required, according to hotel standards.
• Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
• Complete necessary food and station preparation prior to the opening of the restaurant in order to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently during the Restaurant and Room Service operating hours.
• Prepare and display buffet food items according to the hotel standards.
• Proficiency in the following cooking techniques: charbroiling, poaching, deep-frying, sauté, braising, roasting and par-cooking.
• Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, and dairy and meat products.
• Knowledge of herbs and spices and proper use of each.
• Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of proper handling, storage, and sanitation.
• Prepare food for Banquets, ad required, following specifications on Banquet Event Orders.
• Prepare and service food for the Employee Cafeteria as specified by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
• Prepare all foods following hotel standard recipes. Preparation of specials will be under the direction of the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
• Breakdown buffets and kitchen line, storing food and equipment properly at the end of each meal period.
• Work banquet food station as scheduled by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
• Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
• Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees.
• Use Production Charts as specified by hotel's standards.
• Be able to support any position in the Kitchen that is in need of help.
• Follow all Health Department and Company regulations in regards to food and storage standards and safety.
• Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen equipment.
• Maintain a "Clean As You Go" policy.
• Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to hotel procedures.
Education & Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
• At least one year culinary experience required.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift
• Ability to withstand temperature variations both hot and cold.
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We require consent to pre-employment background check & drug testing for all positions.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please email your request to Mycareer@Wyn.com and provide the job title and location to which you are applying.
© 2006-2017 Wyndham Worldwide Corporation. All rights reserved. Wyndham Worldwide and affiliated brands and logos are service marks and/or registered trademarks of Wyndham Worldwide or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.